• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • If you are posting SP feedback without an actual suggestion, please head over to The Keep - Singleplayer section.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Smaller parties should not be visible when standing still in covered areas

Users who are viewing this thread

Gundabad

Veteran
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I while give it a shot anyway.

It's quite simple: make smaller parties (both player's and AI parties) not visible on the world map when standing still in covered ares (i.e forests, mountainous terrain etc.). As it is right now, a party of 10 can be spotted by a larger group from a mile away, even if your are standing still in say a forested region. Something rather immersive-breaking and not very fun imo – leading to you taking weird routes while being chased. This would also encourage both the player and the AI to stick to the main roads where they have a clear view of who is coming + potential speed bonuses (?).

Many people throughout the years have wanted an ambush mechanic implemented into the game, this could potentially be a way to make that happen. Just imagine you are trodding along a path in what seems to be a safe area when all of a sudden a party that has been hiding in the nearby woods starts coming for you.

I personally feel it would keep me on the edge of my seat while moving throughout the world and make me think more carefully about which paths I take, naturally more so in the beginning stages of the game when you are at your weakest.

Top Bottom