Users who are viewing this thread

If by clan strifes you mean rivalries and a clan trying to undermine another clan, without direct military action, then those rivalries could be born out of historical strifes between those old clans, land disputes, disagreements on politics or economy or the military. Could be anything, and those clans as a result would be reluctant to work together in times of war, or aid one another when their lands were in danger. They could even damage the unity of the aristocracy or whatever you want to call it, which could force the ruler to take a action as he needs his faction united and therefore strong.

I will have a look at your other suggestions tomorrow.
What about actual military action but only between clans and not kingdoms? When do you think that could be possible under those situations and what progression of events would you believe could lead to that within the game?

Last edited:
What about actual military action but only between clans and not kingdoms?
I believe we agree that clan wars shouldn't take place under ordinary circumstances. Now,

When do you think that could be possible under those situations and what progression of events would you believe could lead to that within the game?
Supporting features would be needed for following scenario to work, obviously.

- Autonomization of clans if the current ruler is weak and power is decentralized. If the ruler does not intervene or try to reassert his authority it could lead either to a violent civil war or a 'peaceful' division of clans. At that point clans would enjoy extraordinary autonomy and could therefore declare their own wars and govern themselves. Attacking another clan that is still very much connected to its kingdom would drag the whole faction into war with said clan, however. Goes without saying, divided, new-born clans would be fruitful preys for neighbouring factions.

Feels really weird writing a message to congratulate yourself, but... ?
? Congratulations on being added to the Top Activity Feedbacks! ?
LeyJo.png

I'd like to see clan wars, like two clans can go to war irrespective of their kingdoms, maybe even within the kingdoms. The does need to be military alliances, So when kuzait takes over half the map, the others can gang up on them. And for the love of god put in a vote to go to war system the current everyone declares war on everyone all the time for no reason is gamebreaking and the empire in the middle gets wiped out early from being surrounded.
also id love to see things like giving up territory or giving marriages to end wars stuff like that.
don't put a limit on the amount of influence we can spend, like if a garbage policy is about to get passed let me drop 2k influence to stop it, this would largely fix the high teir clans having thousands of influence with nothing to spend it on
I love the battle aspects of the game but the current political aspects leave much to be desired.

I think I agree. The thing is, right now I don't really see the point in having clans at all. This would add some meaning to them and that's always a good thing

Just as well, there would be the possibility of smaller clans becoming kingdoms of their own, by starting a strife with a clan that has a fief and taking that fief for their own. They would then pick a random name out of a list of possible kingdom names for their clan leaders "faction", so the Jawwal would be an Aserai or Khuzait name, Skolderbrotva would have a Battanian or Sturgian name and so on.

At the same time, a clan that leaves a kingdom and keep their fiefs would have the possibility of joining another kingdom OR starting a new kingdom of their own as well.

Personally I think most of this is a little too complicated, but I utterly love the above two parts of it. The notion of minor factions keeping land they take at the end of a mercenary contract (and probably getting clobbered shortly after by their old employers) is cool. Better still the notion that defecting clans might try to form their own kingdom rather than joining another clan is great.

Also based on relationship, the forming of a new kingdom may cause other clans considering defection to join them rather than an established faction so you could get a fairly dynamic new kingdoms growing. By keeping it based on relationship it would save you having to add a new mechanic to track everything. It would also mean you run the risk even in late game of defections from your kingdom creating a new faction for you to deal with.

Only thing I would say is once defeated any ruling clan that joins another faction would cease to exist or else the kingdom screen would get very cluttered. This isn't to say they couldn't break away and form a kingdom again merely that they would do so under a new name. The exception to this is leaders of the main existing factions as I like the idea of a ruler joining another kingdom, but being mistreated enough that they decide to make a go of their old empire and you get the faction starting up again. Especially as these rulers would have an inherent advantage in drawing ex clan members to them.

There would need to be clear rules about why a lord would defect including relationship to ruler, but it could make the setting so much more dynamic for not too much upheaval.

The notion of minor factions keeping land they take at the end of a mercenary contract (and probably getting clobbered shortly after by their old employers) is cool.
Reminds me of the Cuman settlers in Kunsag for their conversion to Christianity and their military help.. But the problem is, as I've mentioned several times on this thread already, settlements are too few and the map size too small for that, you really want to give unreliable mercenaries 1/10 of your kingdom only for them to switch sides after some minutes?
Not to mention that for those minor factions to properly settle in the lands given to them, they would need to have a functioning society to work with, with women and children meaning. Some minor factions supposedly do have these nomadic tribes, problem is that dyamic tribes of nomads aren't a feature right now. We don't see the forest people or the karakhergit tribes on the map, soo.. giving them land doesn't make much sense. To stick with the Cuman example, Cumans came to Hungary with at least 40'000 men and women, and this is the land they settled. For the average size of a faction in Bannerlord that's one entire village at best.. and villages aren't even independent fiefs, lol.

Alternatively, after having remade the world map, you could do: "In return for their military service, Béla invited the Cumans to settle in areas of the Great Plain between the Danube and the Theiss Rivers; this region had become almost uninhabited after the Mongol raids of 1241–1242." that. You could demand military service or vassalage and give them some land in return. This makes even more sense with clans who've lost their lands and lost a humiliating war or something. Offer them, their clan and their people refuge in your land, in return they will fight for you. This is more advanced diplomacy ofc.
Worth a read if you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumans#Settlement_on_the_Hungarian_plain

Back
Top Bottom