Smaller AI armies in mods?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd prefer smaller parties in my game. But when I use tweakMB the area where you can edit such things for mods is grayed out. I've tried some very old manual guide but the numbers there seemed to have changed with some patches. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

shaelor said:
I'd prefer smaller parties in my game. But when I use tweakMB the area where you can edit such things for mods is grayed out. I've tried some very old manual guide but the numbers there seemed to have changed with some patches. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I have thought about this too for a dark ages mod I am working on.  I wanted smaller parties for player and AI lords to more closely reflect the relatively small armies in dark age Britain.  The only drawback i can see is that with smaller parties it would be more difficult to siege castles and towns if the castles and towns have the usual number of defenders.

What about using TweakMB for text file modders or the accompanying party size modifiers for source file modders.
I personally, modded script_party_get_ideal_size to reduce campaign map parties.
I don't know which script controls garrison sizes however.
It still seems the AI is fairly good and overcoming enemy garrisons.

gdwitt said:
What about using TweakMB for text file modders or the accompanying party size modifiers for source file modders.
I personally, modded script_party_get_ideal_size to reduce campaign map parties.
I don't know which script controls garrison sizes however.
It still seems the AI is fairly good and overcoming enemy garrisons.

I might have to hunt for the garrison size script.  I knew about the other script but haven't decided if I want to mess with it.  Maybe for my personal mod but not for Calradia 1050 A.D. Mercenary Uprising.  I might get a player uprising if I fudge too much with party sizes!

Somebody's suggestion to adjust the size of reinforcement party templates applies to garrisons as well as lord parties, as the same templates are used for both via the script cf_reinforce_party. (Finding all places this script is called--and the number of times it is recursively called where you find it--would be another way to edit overall party sizes.)

To target garrison reinforcing specifically, see the simple trigger marked with
  #Hiring men with hero wealths (once a day)
  #Hiring men with center wealths (once a day)

Back
Top Bottom