SP - Economy "Small" recruitment and economy changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex111222

Recruit
Hi! I saw many discussions regarding equipment prices and recruitment costs for troops. I always found it funny that you could get a bucng of high level, very well equiped troops with a few thounds dennars while for the same amount of money you couldn't get any decent equipment for the heroes(I paid 12k for a crossbow). So based on som disscusions I read I came out with an idea that will balance the economy and will solve this problem, but I thing it would be too hard to do. Many things need to be modified like: AI, economy, recruitment and so on.

What I was thinking was to modify the recruitment system so that instead of getting recruits with their own equipment and then upgrading them, paying a small amount of money to cover their new weapons and armors(a few hundreds for the best crossbowman while I paid 12k for a crossbow), the player(and any party if possible) should get peasants with no weapons from the villages and towns and upgrade them with equipment provided from the party's inventory like you do with horses and horsemen. Recruits are tier 1 troops so you need to have tier 1 weapons and armors in your inventory to upgrade the peasants. For tier 2 troops you would need tier 2 weapons and so on. Prices of equipment would be decreased and I think the economy will be a little bit better, as not only trade with weapons that would actually have dynamic prices would be available but now the rsources like iron, hardwood and so on would be in great demand in some places while in others would be abundant so trade would have more flavour and the whole gameplay will feel more "natural". The way other resources are consumed and produced could be modified in this way, but I think I am already asking for too much.

What do you think? Would this be a good idea, or it would cause too many problems for devs and players alike? Is there a chance to see something like this in the further versions?

P.S. not sure if I posted in the right thread.

I don't know about others but I myself don't like the taking horses from inventory thing to being with, needing equipment as well would be too micromanagey.

It could work if they created an item just called tier 2 upgrade weapon or something, but as I see with horses, I have like 10 different horse types from Battanian ponies to Aserai horses and which ones go to troops and which ones I want to save for my movement speed is not possible to discern from a glance.

With equipment it would be even worse. I'd have 20 different swords, crossbows, shields, hats, scarfs and all of that... then battle loot as well that I would like to sell mixed in. Add in all the variety of food for morale and all of the smithing material. We're talking an inventory so mixed and so large that it would be a nightmare to manage.

Back
Top Bottom