Small obstacle trees?!

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
Small trees are not passable obstacles. But you understand that small trees are fragile and in reality are not an obstacle for a horse in armor with the knight (600kg+), which will not even notice this tree! There are so many obstacles in the game that riders stumble over, why do more?

Large trees can be seen from afar (as well as large stones, fences, houses), but small trees and bushes are poorly visible (especially at night or in a snowstorm) - this implementation is incorrect, it makes horse riding at high speed very difficult. Also, because of small impassable objects, the AI is very dull.

Also, do not forget that not all players have good PC, not all players play with good resolution and on large monitors.

So, dear devs, are you sure this is a good idea?

Last edited:
You ever tried running at a tree like that? Think it'll hurt or no? Horses, also aren't completely stupid and will try to avoid obstacles in their path.

Not to mention it's probably easier to program it that way, otherwise I'm sure you'd be the first to put up a whingy post complaining about the fact you can stand your horse over a tree and it sticks out of your head.

Small trees are not passable obstacles. But you understand that small trees are fragile and in reality are not an obstacle for a horse in armor with the knight (600kg+), which will not even notice this tree! There are so many obstacles in the game that riders stumble over, why do more?

Large trees can be seen from afar (as well as large stones, fences, houses), but small trees and bushes are poorly visible (especially at night or in a snowstorm) - this implementation is incorrect, it makes horse riding at high speed very difficult. Also, because of small impassable objects, the AI is very dull.

Also, do not forget that not all players have good PC, not all players play with good resolution and on large monitors.

So, dear devs, are you sure this is a good idea?

I agree with this. When I ride my horse I expect the horse to just step on that small plant. I have done a lot of horseback ridding in my life and there is no way that a small plant could stop a horse like that. However, its not a huge deal to me but I do have to agree that it is not very realistic.

But that's not a small plant it's a tree that's taller than the mounted character......
sunflowers are also taller than the player on horseback, but sunflowers are not a wall and do not stop the rider
AlexanderJames wrote above that he rides horses, maybe he knows better? :roll:

sunflowers are also taller than the player on horseback, but sunflowers are not a wall and do not stop the rider
AlexanderJames wrote above that he rides horses, maybe he knows better? :roll:

Did I say that I didn't ride horses?

Maybe you're right though. I now demand the devs provide us only with one completely blank and flat map. Nothing in our way to impede our excellence or cause us to fractionally move either mouse or fingers as we ride to victory!

Actually we could have two maps, the second being another featureless, blank plain but with a river running across the middle, with but a single bridge and no other crossings to funnel the enemy into our righteous bow fire!

Did I say that I didn't ride horses?

Maybe you're right though. I now demand the devs provide us only with one completely blank and flat map. Nothing in our way to impede our excellence or cause us to fractionally move either mouse or fingers as we ride to victory!

Actually we could have two maps, the second being another featureless, blank plain but with a river running across the middle, with but a single bridge and no other crossings to funnel the enemy into our righteous bow fire!
especially for you, I will quote my main post:

if this is not an argument for you, then I'm sorry, but I won't answer you - trolling should have boundaries

especially for you, I will quote my main post:

if this is not an argument for you, then I'm sorry, but I won't answer you - trolling should have boundaries

Ahh you're referring to the part you added in your edit.......yes they're hard to see at night etc, as they should be.

But that's not a small plant it's a tree that's taller than the mounted character......
Fair enough, I didn't realize. It still would not stop a horse in it's tracks, a horse would be able to run through that and the tree would bend down. I grew up ridding horses and there's no way a horse in a gallop would stop at that. But it's fine it's not massive deal to me, I could just be over-technical.

Ahh you're referring to the part you added in your edit.......yes they're hard to see at night etc, as they should be.
omg
I repeat what I wrote earlier - if I am a commander, then I personally choose which territory I should fight on (except if they caught me) - so, given the fact that I have 1\4 detachments this is cavalry (100 troops), I am like a sane commander will NOT choose a territory where there are many little obstacles for my cavalry = this is the main reason why I started playing exclusively for massive BFC - cos devs DEPRIDED the players of this choice, coz devs level designer loves small obstacles, like little trees, bushes, fences (they probably turn him on)

I'm tired of you, bye

Last edited:
Fair enough, I didn't realize. It still would not stop a horse in it's tracks, a horse would be able to run through that and the tree would bend down. I grew up ridding horses and there's no way a horse in a gallop would stop at that. But it's fine it's not massive deal to me, I could just be over-technical.

Again, this kinda depends on the tree as to how flexible it would be, but then we're really getting into the weeds and it would likely be a programming nightmare deciding which trees bend and which don't lol.

It's certainly annoying getting stopped by a glorified twig, but I can see why it's programmed in a blanket manner.

Again, this kinda depends on the tree as to how flexible it would be, but then we're really getting into the weeds and it would likely be a programming nightmare deciding which trees bend and which don't lol.

It's certainly annoying getting stopped by a glorified twig, but I can see why it's programmed in a blanket manner.
Lol yea. To me it looks like a “glorified twig” but not a huge deal lol.

Back
Top Bottom