small faction leaded by chuck norris

Users who are viewing this thread

gongo

Sergeant
hi, small factions (like navarra and cimry) has enormous troop in their only city.....and other faction can't attack these cities, cuz there is an army of more than 2800 soldier.......

gongo said:
hi, small factions (like navarra and cimry) has enormous troop in their only city.....and other faction can't attack these cities, cuz there is an army of more than 2800 soldier.......

so what? hunger them out, and defeat their armies when they sally out. rinse and repeat.

ah yes, it's not a critic  :lol: I love this mod.....but I'm playing with regnum angliae, and we are at war with cymry (they have only aberraf) and It would be important to defeat them cause we are in bad situation with french...but my kingdom do not siege the city but loot villages......the same thing when I played with castiliae, probably cause the large number of soldier fear them......

Small factions have that many troops because they only have 1 fief, a town. If you beat down another faction until they have just 1 fief left (doesn't matter if a castle or city) the garrison of this fief will continue to increase until something around 2,000 or more troops. It's in the mod because otherwise weak factions would be wiped out in a months time and, generally, to make it harder to completely wipe out a faction.

oroboros said:
Small factions have that many troops because they only have 1 fief, a town. If you beat down another faction until they have just 1 fief left (doesn't matter if a castle or city) the garrison of this fief will continue to increase until something around 2,000 or more troops. It's in the mod because otherwise weak factions would be wiped out in a months time and, generally, to make it harder to completely wipe out a faction.

Does this happen for the player as well?

I don't know, haven't established my own kingdom yet since lance recruitment but I would assume that it is not the case.

oroboros said:

Is that confirmed? They stop increasing after around 2000? I'm asking because there's this one-city-faction that I've had my eye on conquering for a while, and they currently have around 1500. How feasible is it to starve them out? I've never done that before. Must be very boring, all that waiting.

ps. I love this mod so much.

It happened to me to siege some of last cities/castles. I had to have a fair army because custodes attacked me after a while; I waited for all enemy lords being prisoners or in the castle I siege with no army apart from the huge garrison. Than I laid siege. It take 24 days for the city and 7 for castles. After that time garrisons start reducing their number, but it may takes other 5-7 days to be to assoult.
Yes it is boring, but the only way and you have to do it yourslef because lords get bored too!
Remember to have plenty of food because moral drops. Finally, sometimes break the siege, check the garrison, upgrade you men and restart to siege straigh away.

Don't hunger them out, that lasts for ages. Go to England and grab yourself some 60-70 Cymry, put them up front in the party screen (right below your companions) then go and siege the town. When they sally out just put your archers and companions 10 metres in front of your infantry/cav and let them shoot the enemy to pieces, as soon as the remaining few arrive your troops let your companions first charge in then your infantry/cav while ordering your archers to fall back 10 paces. Repeat this as long as they sally out if they don't any more, then attack by first letting your archers/companions empty their quivers unto the enemies on the walls before charging (put your infantry/companions 10 metres infront of your archers with shields up high and 2-times closer together) which will considerably cut down the enemy numbers too. Then finally let your companions and infantry charge in before ordering your archers to charge. With this tactics I managed to conquer evey castle/town I wanted, don't care if they have 800 or 3,000 men in them... well, in many but not all cases I don't care  :grin:

I believe it is not possible to take a city with 2000 men and your army being 200 even if top worriors in one assoult. And that even if your tactics is very high and trust me, I tried it!

Back
Top Bottom