Slow Camera snap back after looking around with circumflex

Users who are viewing this thread

The camera is rather slow moving back to its original position after looking around with circumflex. I feel like we need a button to enable the instant snap back from Warband.
Its basically impossible to look around during fighting since you loose very important time in combat.
And it feels unnatural and unsatisfying to use circumflex at all since you know that a weird camera move will follow. The camera motion also causes some kind of motion sickness when you want to turn your character while the camera is moving back.

This is my biggest complaint about the game so far. It's such an easy fix to make, too.

It's really important to be aware of and dodge cavalry, given how deadly they are and how quickly they can appear. So, using the camera (view outfit) key is incredibly important for gameplay. Having the camera snap back slowly (i.e. not instantly) is severely limiting and frustrating.

At the very least, add the option for the camera to snap back immediately in the menu.

The camera is rather slow moving back to its original position after looking around with circumflex. I feel like we need a button to enable the instant snap back from Warband.
Its basically impossible to look around during fighting since you loose very important time in combat.
And it feels unnatural and unsatisfying to use circumflex at all since you know that a weird camera move will follow. The camera motion also causes some kind of motion sickness when you want to turn your character while the camera is moving back.
+1

Yet another example of the removal/bastardisation of useful features found in Warband.

lol please let's not get overly dramatic lest we turn into the Steam forums.

Personally I do the classic "jump and quick look behind" technique more often. My main issue with the Inspect Self camera is it tends to send me off course afterwards.

If we're making suggestions regarding this, possibly a toggle key instead of holding it down? As well as increased speed for those who use it in situations which require faster looks.

The moment you release circumflex you have to close your eyes for 0.2 sec and then it is endurable. I will force this until muscle memory in my eyelids kicks in.

please let's not get overly dramatic lest we turn into the Steam forums
He's right to say it. I wouldn't want TW to think this is a minor issue that doesn't really matter.

The camera key is something I like to use all the time, in both SP and MP, whether I'm in a battle or not. There's nothing to be gained from a slower snapback. It just pointlessly hinders the gameplay experience. If it gets changed, it will feel so much better.

All it does is heavily reduce the skill ceiling in group battles and make anti-ganking way less viable, especially in conjunction with the reduction in rotating speed when you're not moving.

Here are clips of the slow camera affecting gameplay:

Here's how the quicker/immediate camera worked in Warband:

At most, people could suggest it doesn't matter, but it does matter to anyone who's passionate about MP combat, and even in SP there are people who don't like the motion effect. There should be the option to change it, at the very least.

Last edited:
[...]It's kind of amusing to see the same topics being brought up as EA launched.
+1
51194D27F0FC407FE67C19DCDA1F37BDC64F59DF

Forewarned is forearmed

Back
Top Bottom