SP - General Slings for Sturgia

Users who are viewing this thread

Sturgia's ranged infantry AND horsemen are bad, which makes the faction rather meh since other factions are at least mediocre in areas outside of their expertise. To address this, I propose giving Sturgia slings. Slings would work with Sturgia's established favoring of throwing weapons (slings would use throwing skill) and give them a unique niche. Slings would be weaker and lower range than bows, but make up for it by being fast, high ammo, and dealing blunt damage while being usable with shields. Additionally, since slings would take up one slot (their item would actually be the bullets) they could be found on infantry as secondary weapons instead of lower quantity throwing weapons. Basic sling bullets (river rocks with sling) would spawn on Sturgian recruits 50% of the time.

Sound interesting, but can slings be added to bannerlord ?
Also low blunt damages have been heavily nerfed with 1.8.0 so I don't know if it would make sturgia any better

They need to just change rocks/slings to “impact damage” and not blunt damage. Throwing a rock at someone has more in common with a punch then a strike from a mace. So unarmored troops should be highly susceptible to injury from rocks/slings as it would be higher impact damage, but heavily armored troops would be virtually immune to them.

I’m not sure I fully like the blunt weapon changes, as they became more popular due to increases in armor and it was the way to drop a soldier with lots of armor.

In the very least, knockdown and dismount effects should be increased for blunt weapons.

Back
Top Bottom