SP - General slightly wounded soldiers (new mechanics for medicine)

Users who are viewing this thread

This idea came to me several days ago when one of my fian battanians ended an assault on a bandit lair with 4 arrows in the body.

The only way to gain medical experience is with dead troops or troops that fall unconscious in battle and become wounded. But at the end of any battle you will be able to see that several of your soldiers end up with injuries that recover instantly.

My idea is to add a new mechanism that those slightly wounded troops should be healed and that becomes exp in medicine. An idea would be the accumulation of damage, for example, you have 10 imperial archers, each one received 10 damage in the battle, they are 100 damage in total, therefore you end the battle with 1 wounded imperial archer. The other idea would be to create the category of slightly wounded soldiers, each soldier who receives considerable damage in the battle will remain in this state, unlike the wounded soldier, he is still an active soldier without causing penalties in the party, at the same time he has a faster recovery speed than a totally injured one.

Therefore we can improve our medicine skill without causing war crimes for it, and good players who know how to be good at battle strategy will not be affected by avoiding casualties in battles and ending sieges without troops because there it is impossible to control the damages.

In addition, it would also be important to consider that prisoners should also be healed, that all prisoners captured after a battle are wounded, another way to improve medicine. If an ally is defeated in battle and you subsequently attack the enemy that defeated him, you can recruit a bunch of fresh soldiers who should actually be wounded soldiers.

Perhaps the system of injuries and temporary statuses will help.

For example, I personally do not have enough medicine skill to save a fighter.
But there is a healer nearby who can.
We leave the main crowd of troops to rest, take fast horses and a seriously wounded one, deliver it to the village / city, pay, after a while we take the recovered soldier back.

You can send a companion instead of yourself, with a chance of failure, as in normal waiting quests.

Not urgent wounds - we leave the fighters in the village, castle, city for treatment.
Lords will do the same.
The wounded are a weak increase in the garrison, if suddenly something happens.

A well-trained medic can travel around settlements, heal such wounded for a fee, increase relations.
It's not always just to fight :smile:

Perhaps the system of injuries and temporary statuses will help.

For example, I personally do not have enough medicine skill to save a fighter.
But there is a healer nearby who can.
We leave the main crowd of troops to rest, take fast horses and a seriously wounded one, deliver it to the village / city, pay, after a while we take the recovered soldier back.

You can send a companion instead of yourself, with a chance of failure, as in normal waiting quests.

Not urgent wounds - we leave the fighters in the village, castle, city for treatment.
Lords will do the same.
The wounded are a weak increase in the garrison, if suddenly something happens.

A well-trained medic can travel around settlements, heal such wounded for a fee, increase relations.
It's not always just to fight :smile:
the idea of being able to send your companions on self-initiated missions is not a bad idea. It could be expanded to send them to perform other tasks such as getting food or troops.

But the idea that I present is aimed at giving us the possibility of gaining experience in medicine in a more reasonable way than killing or exposing your troops to death on purpose.

To give you an idea, right now I'm in a game that I only play as a mercenary, I have a party of only fian champions and khan guards. I avoid going into armies or sieges, where you lose control of your soldiers and only go into fights where I can control them all. I never have casualties, on the one hand it's good, on the other hand my party's medic is never gaining experience so if I find myself in a situation where my troops take a lot of damage, the lethality level is high because my medic It's never getting better, for the simple fact that I don't spend the first few hours of the game recruiting level 1 soldiers to send them to their deaths. Being able to have a good doctor without being a psychopath

Back
Top Bottom