SLI/Crossfire support?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm curious about this as well, but an unofficial SLI profile will do just fine for me. Any ideas?

I've been testing and getting both cards on crossfire to work properly, without a frame stop in the game. But there is a problem with the textures, they look bad, they blink and they get corrupted.
I have to do more tests to get a solution.

I've been testing and getting both cards on crossfire to work properly, without a frame stop in the game. But there is a problem with the textures, they look bad, they blink and they get corrupted.
I have to do more tests to get a solution.
Mind letting me know what settings you used?
I cant even get my other card to do any work at all

I tried the settings in this post and while it did cause both of my GTX 970's to go to around 60% utilization, my framerate dropped by nearly half (50-60fps where it was 90-110 before) from when just the one card was at 99% usage. I'll probably play with it a little more but I'm likely not savvy enough to get it working super well.

Going to be honest with you guys, it's missed tech, that is why no one really supports it.
Or because they need to sell the newest and uber priced card, while if SLI is well implemented, my 2 x 970 fly....whenever something happens, ask yourself who or what benefits from that:wink:

Didn't SLi and Crossfire stopped getting supported because so few people actually used it and almost no developer ever optimized it? Or did I just heard some untrue rumors

Didn't SLi and Crossfire stopped getting supported because so few people actually used it and almost no developer ever optimized it? Or did I just heard some untrue rumors
Sure, but that is the consequence, not the reason why it's not supported anymore.
Mine is only a guess,but in my very own opinion it's the IT version of programmed obsolescence, It makes sense, as people will have to change card way often instead of dragging it for longer thanks to SLI.

I did manage to get SLI working to some extent, in the sense that my framerates have gone up by 30ish if not more, though it's not without it's own issues.

If you reference the post I linked earlier, I used the NVIDIA Profile Inspector to force certain settings and did a couple hours of testing different settings. So far what's worked best has been the following DX10+11 compatibility profile. I tried lots of different ones but this one takes the cake so far, even with all the texture issues.
Vxmkt8Y.jpg

RsTf9MX.jpg

Hi @nerburg
The same happens in AMD, it is easier to configure the crossfire but it fails in the textures.
You can also notice a noticeable increase in the FPS when using two graphics.
Let's hope in a more advanced version (not EA) they can fix that corruption in the detail levels of the textures.

Back
Top Bottom