B Info Other Skyboxes (see posts 14 & 15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah yes, just found out, DO NOT DO THAT! My mistake.

(Sorry I removed my post when I was posting a reply that it didn't work and found out it was my silly mistake, didn't see you replied already.)
Edit:
I do have a question now: How does this command work?

Code:
set_skybox = 2389 #(set_skybox, <non_hdr_skybox_index>, <hdr_skybox_index>)	 #forces selected skybox for a scene

As far as I can see the  <non_hdr_skybox_index> and <hdr_skybox_index>  have an identical 'index', right?
I mean my ID_skyboxes looks like this:
Code:
sky_skybox_cloud_1 = 0
sky_skybox_cloud_1 = 1
sky_skybox_night_1 = 2
sky_skybox_night_1 = 3
sky_skybox_night_2 = 4
sky_skybox_night_2 = 5
sky_skybox_sunset_1 = 6
sky_skybox_sunset_1 = 7
sky_skybox_cloud_2 = 8
sky_skybox_cloud_2 = 9
sky_skybox_clearday = 10
sky_skybox_clearday = 11
(I disabled the second skybox_could_2 with sf_no_shadows)

So should I use it like this:
Code:
(set_skybox, sky_skybox_cloud_1, sky_skybox_cloud_1),
or would that not work because everything is doubly defined?

EDIT:
Seems to work fine.. weird  :razz:

EDIT:

Does Anyone have any experience with the HDR_Converter tool provided by Taleworlds?
I can't get it to work properly. First of all the option to choose wheter you want to use the whole image or half of it doesn't work, it always seems to use the upper half. Secondly it creates awfully distorted images for the non-hdr part and near-black ones for the hdr images.  :sad:

EDIT:
Oh it seems it's just the nvidia photoshop plugin that's failing again.

Don't even bother with their converter, you really don't need it.

If you just want to do HDR color manipulation for the color sky values, there are a lot of free software packages that can do HDR imagery now.  Do bear in mind that you don't actually need them, though, to get decent results in most cases.  About the only time they might be handy is when constructing dawn / dusk skies where you need a great deal of color shift.  Otherwise they're literally a waste of memory.

The exponent image is literally just a grayscale that ramps up apparent brightness wherever you think is appropriate.  Remember that it's an exponent, so a little bit goes a long way.

Oh, and lastly, skybox images should not have mipmaps, they don't get used.

Back
Top Bottom