Skybox error ;[.

Users who are viewing this thread

open module.ini in a text editor find the line:

load_mod_resource=skyboxes

replace with

load_resource=skyboxes

then go to 'Data' in the module's folder and delete the file called 'skyboxes.txt' from there.

May be it helps if you post what part you don't understand.

open module.ini in a text editor find the line. I don't know what that is, or where I can find it!

It's a file inside your module folder. Just open notepad -> in the menu chose open and browse to your mod folder and open it.
I guess you could also just double click the file and it will open it automatically with a text editor.

Keep on asking!  :razz:

All I read is, module folder, notepad, menu, browse, mod folder, open, dubble click, text editor. I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!

I need little more information like, open that folder thene that folder and so on otherwise I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I slowly get a feeling why playstations and the like are such a success. :wink:

Please, open Notepad.
In the menu of Notepad find the option open.
Click it.
Browse to your gamefolder. Usually c:/programs/mount&blade/
It may be different on your pc.
If you found that folder enter the folder modules. It's inside your gamefolder. There you find all the folder for your modules you have installed. Chose the one for 1257AD.
In that folder find modules.ini.
That is the file you want.
Open it.

Now find the line where it says load_mod_resource=skyboxes
replace it with load_resource=skyboxes
Save the file. (it's an option in the menu)
Close notepad.

Then open Explorer (windows key + E should open it). If you don't know what I mean with that search for information on the internet.

Find again your module folder for 1257AD inside the game folder for mount & blade.
Find the folder named 'Data' in the module's folder.
Open it.
Delete the file called 'skyboxes.txt'

Start the game and see if it works now.

Please, try to learn how a pc can be used otherwise it's like you want to read a book but can't read.

mix a German with an IT guy and THIS is what you get...
resignation... loneliness... abandonment... :wink:

I had to laugh out loud after reading your comment. But honestly, ... I mean... I don't know.
One of these rare occasions...well, you know about these.  :mrgreen:

I think the instructions is wrong..I didn't find the "load_mod_resource=skyboxes" line, but i checked again and found "load_mod_resource = skyboxes" (with space)...Then i just follow the  instruction and problem solved

Hello, I have an issue with 1257 Mod. I believe it has already been discussed but, I have attempted all solutions and the problem still persists.

I have followed: Gluchatay's advice. And it worked to begin with as before whenever I entered a tavern it crashed and gave the skybox_8 reply. But, when I did the edit for module and data it worked with that certain city but the minute I travelled to another city and entered it's tavern it crashed.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Hey, im not sure if this is still active but i downloaded the mod, and it installed fine, i go to play the mod, and after the into vid i get ''Error: Can not open CommonRes\Costume_a.brf'' then it takes me back to desk top. Hope anyone can help :sad:, i got bored of normal warband campain.

Back
Top Bottom