MP Skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

Flag hitbox needs to be removed asap,why would you add it at first place anyway tbf

and

Voices when you get the flag??? what are those? are we suppose to focus on horse coming or crowd just screaming im coming for you

Last edited:
People literally just leave when they see my team sometimes. We fight the same pubs over and over and end up stomping them. I feel like this is turning new players away from the game. There should also be punishments for leaving a game because the people that get stuck on a 5 man or 4 man team get their K/D and W/L screwed by these quitters.

Matchmaking needs to be fixed.
Thank you! As a new player, I'm nearing the point where I want MP to crash and burn. The utter lack of any kind of skill-based matchmaking OR seperation of premades and single queues is baffling to say the least. I'm currently sitting at about 30% of my matches won because I've been largely unlucky and had premades mostly as enemies. Skirmish boils down to whichever team has the premade wins.

I feel like as skirmish is now, the extra lives that comes from winning rounds with leftover gold leads to massive snowballing. While people can say, "just don't spawn if losing," this leads to incredibly boring gameplay.

Rather than outright eliminate carry over gold, I recommend that with the exception of the peasant class (which allows for 3 lives), the selection of any other class should limit a player to a maximum of 2 lives per round.

While people can say, "just don't spawn if losing," this leads to incredibly boring gameplay.

Today was the first time I was able to make use of this, and it was basically because my team died before I'd even died once. I saved my money and was able to spawn as heavy twice and snowballed the hell out of the rest of the game because of it.

In the current skirmish, I fail to see why I should pick infantry at all. Low damage, easily gets shot down or cav stomped. I think it would be good to make more closed flag spots (like B at Xauna) + allow only infs to raise the flags so people will actually need infantry to win (though unless you've fixed balance it won't do much).

I think that team damage for skirmish needs to be made identical to damage to enemies. Likewise, cavalry should be able to run over their own players rather than just push them to the sides.

These changes will greatly nerf some of the risk free gameplay that is present right now and allow for a clearer assessment of which classes need to be balances.

You guys say some valid points. I completely agree that cavalry charges should do equal damage to friendlies as it does enemies. Also I like the idea of having objectives points favor particular troop types. IE; a look out tower, stable house. Just so it forces players to work on varying objectives, rather a same spot that in a different location.

One thing I would love is if we could have skirmish be with more players, maybe like up to 12v12. I like to keep it tactical but 6v6 sometimes becomes a little lonely.

A big quality of live improvment for scirmish would be to be able to set up your perks in the armory for each unit and nation. So you dont have to go through all the units every game to set up the perks.

This game mode just suffers from such a ****ty spawning system.
A) Let people choose the spawn they will spawn in
B) Completely close spawns in, they need to be a one way system out
C) Spawns shouldn't allow people to do damage from inside it or for people outside to be able to damage those inside
D) To prevent archers and such from staggering people from inside spawns, spawns should also prohibit throwing/shooting

I have memorised where people spawn and I can literally couch someone on Town Outskirts as they come out of the initial spawn, then quickly check all spawn points to couch them again as they walk out of spawn. Xauna suffers from people using the spawns as a place to shoot from without being harmed by melee, and in Trading Post the spawns sometimes spawn you miles away from the fight that it's no wonder people usually play cav on that map.

I heavily dislike this mode. I feel like it lacks pacing and consistency, and you honestly cannot tell if you're winning or losing a game as intuitively as easily as you can Battle or even Team Deathmatch. The gold system, snowballing, multiple spawns, ****ty class balance, fundamentally glaring issues of combat don't particularly highlight this mode for me either.

Please bring back Battle.

This game mode just suffers from such a ****ty spawning system.
A) Let people choose the spawn they will spawn in
B) Completely close spawns in, they need to be a one way system out
C) Spawns shouldn't allow people to do damage from inside it or for people outside to be able to damage those inside
D) To prevent archers and such from staggering people from inside spawns, spawns should also prohibit throwing/shooting

I have memorised where people spawn and I can literally couch someone on Town Outskirts as they come out of the initial spawn, then quickly check all spawn points to couch them again as they walk out of spawn. Xauna suffers from people using the spawns as a place to shoot from without being harmed by melee, and in Trading Post the spawns sometimes spawn you miles away from the fight that it's no wonder people usually play cav on that map.

I would just go with either B) or in case of keeping spawning system, it should be only the main spawn.

Players should not be able to choose the spawn in my opinion. That would result in exploits, such as spawn as archers and just snipe the enemy down from where they absolutely don't expect.

So much yes. I thought I came up with this idea and came to the forums to post about it, so glad this is already a suggestion!!!

This is a minor issue I agree with most posts above and never liked skirmish much but reasonable question here.
Why the hell do I still get spawned in after like 10 seconds when I die, I’m just picking perks for my second class and suddenly I spawn in with some **** I didn’t have time to pick properly. If someone is spawn camping at the time or I’m waiting for a teammate I can’t even time my spawns together

In the current skirmish, I fail to see why I should pick infantry at all. Low damage, easily gets shot down or cav stomped. I think it would be good to make more closed flag spots (like B at Xauna) + allow only infs to raise the flags so people will actually need infantry to win (though unless you've fixed balance it won't do much).
+1 every game heavy cav yolo charges into the enemy team because they need to be in the full open to reach a point from spawn, just not fun gameplay

Why the hell do I still get spawned in after like 10 seconds when I die, I’m just picking perks for my second class and suddenly I spawn in with some **** I didn’t have time to pick properly.
This also drives me crazy. Happens to me all the time. I'm switching between perks to compare weapons and just get spawned in unprepared. Let me choose when to spawn, game.

Back
Top Bottom