SKIRMISH MODE: Throwing spears should be one use only or moved to heavy inf.

Users who are viewing this thread

(Changes for Skirmish Mode Only) I understand what Tale Worlds was going for with the skirmishing classes but at this point it is just throwing weapon abuse. Everyone agrees that the game would be more enjoyable with better inf fights. Throwing spears kill the potential for any inf fight, skirmishing classes should be able to skirmish not have one shot god spears. There's two options that I believe would be the best, either move them to the heavy classes so that they're less available or just make them break upon use. Not looking into this issue is killing the game, people like inf fights not throwing weapon spam. Make the changes we need or let the community die, its in your hands now. Thank you.

I always liked throwing weapons and hated the 1.5 patch a while ago that nerfed accuracy. Remember when throwing axes were a thing on Vlandia and Sturgia heavy inf? Heavy inf with throwing weapons forces enemy inf to have more awareness when fighting. It also used to be a lot easier to dismount a cav then use a throwing weapon but again because of the accuracy nerf it is a lot harder (the stand up animation for dismounted cav should be increased a lot). You play cav more melon, why complain about inf stuff? I like throwing wepons but maybe not spamming throwing weapons.

I always liked throwing weapons and hated the 1.5 patch a while ago that nerfed accuracy. Remember when throwing axes were a thing on Vlandia and Sturgia heavy inf? Heavy inf with throwing weapons forces enemy inf to have more awareness when fighting. It also used to be a lot easier to dismount a cav then use a throwing weapon but again because of the accuracy nerf it is a lot harder (the stand up animation for dismounted cav should be increased a lot). You play cav more melon, why complain about inf stuff? I like throwing wepons but maybe not spamming throwing weapons.
What class I play is irrelevant, I posted this because no one else wanted to and I've heard more inf complain about throwing weapons than any other class because it is clearly destroying the game. I can only say this enough, people want inf fights, so give them inf fights.I'd be fine with better accuracy, my problem is with the amount and reusability of the weapon that is all.

Heavy Inf already have to be aware of cav, archers, and lurking inf players as well as respawns of all these classes coming back into the fight. Having someone stand on the edge of a teamfight and lob pilas in is cancerous and not fun. Also cav is super susceptible to throwing weapons because of the speed bonus the projectile gets when youre riding, I've been 1 hit by a throwing axe in the leg one too many times to be sympathetic to throwables.

you...dont realize... throwing weapons were the reason why the game is dead... do you?

I guess I agree with you melon. I want heavy inf to have throwables again but with better accuracy/damage but break on use. The pick up mechanic has always been stupid on throwables. It stops the flow of battle because people end up trying to pick up throwables which is sometimes hard to aim the cursor at. It also makes fights less balanced because the winner of the fight will pick up more throwables. Not sure what to do with skirmishers though (probably just remove them).
you...dont realize... throwing weapons were the reason why the game is dead... do you?
I would disagree that the game is dead because of throwing weapons. It is just a small part of the large list of problems.
Also cav is super susceptible to throwing weapons
Which is the point because cav is op. Can't make a good team without cav right now but you could make a team without inf. I've been hit in the back or bump stabbed by too many cav to care what they say.

(Changes for Skirmish Mode Only) I understand what Tale Worlds was going for with the skirmishing classes but at this point it is just throwing weapon abuse. Everyone agrees that the game would be more enjoyable with better inf fights. Throwing spears kill the potential for any inf fight, skirmishing classes should be able to skirmish not have one shot god spears. There's two options that I believe would be the best, either move them to the heavy classes so that they're less available or just make them break upon use. Not looking into this issue is killing the game, people like inf fights not throwing weapon spam. Make the changes we need or let the community die, its in your hands now. Thank you.
or make the classes an item/value system again

throwing weapons are so powerful that they can cause permadeath; some players who get killed with javs are never seen again. pretty cool gameplay mechanic but it probably needs a nerf lol.

I think throwing spears have to be nerfed like 20% off the damage they do and get moved to Heavy inf to avoid triple spawns as light inf.

Why are there jav bags that carry 8 javs? Max should be 3 w/ less dmg and throwing spear dmg nurf or unable to throw twice

The lower cost classes should not get the very high damage throwing weps. It just doesnt make any sense. If it were up to me I would give the heavy infs the high dmg throwing weps and give the skirm classes the higher number jav bags.

kudos to OP who points out this change is subject of skirmish, because on other modes throwing is fine currently imo
As said, skirmish and captain should distance from current class system much more far, or get rid of that at all, only modes where classes somewhat work are TDM and Siege

kudos to OP who points out this change is subject of skirmish, because on other modes throwing is fine currently imo
As said, skirmish and captain should distance from current class system much more far, or get rid of that at all, only modes where classes somewhat work are TDM and Siege
So many people are saying the exact opposite of what you're stating right here.

Ye. Skirmish needs a class system as it allows for quick change of equipment between spawns (and time is of utmost importance in skirmish)
TDM and Siege could do without class system.
Eh i find slow change for TDM and Siege bad too, especially on TDM, i dont want to modify my equipment after each death, i just want to pick a needed class and jump into battle. About siege i could take an equipment system aganist class, gotta agree here, tho better suited for siege class system (different from class system to other modes) should work good too.

i think allowing everyone access to powerful weapons will at least equalize them,
throwing weapons hitting hard surfaces should bent/damage them so they are unusable after,
throwing weapons hitting armor should damage them or make them too difficult to retrieve, etc

Back
Top Bottom