(Skirmish mode) The irrelevancy of 2 handed classes

Users who are viewing this thread

Shock troops are getting a slight speed increase while the Heavy Inf gets a slight speed decrease in the next patch, also Crush Through for heavy weapons is almost completed, that will help. Finally, we are targeting to lower the amount of throwing weapons available to classes.

These 3 changes should help the Shock Troops, if it is not enough we will make more changes.

Shock troops are getting a slight speed increase while the Heavy Inf gets a slight speed decrease in the next patch, also Crush Through for heavy weapons is almost completed, that will help. Finally, we are targeting to lower the amount of throwing weapons available to classes.

These 3 changes should help the Shock Troops, if it is not enough we will make more changes.
Lowering the speed of the heavy infantry troops helped us solving the kiting issues. As an archer i was relieved to be honest in the tests.

Hmm... this doesn't sound great.. but we don't know all the changes. Heavy infantry are already too slow IMPO; and shock infantry are too fast. Admittedly they have issues but I don't think this is the solution. The issue is shock infantry can spin in and out of combat, striking their target but never needing to block (because they are always out of range). Now currently as heavy infantry it is possible to punish this play (barely); if you reduce their speed further... I am really worried that shock infantry will be easily able to abuse the huge disparity in movement speed to the point where they never need to block...

Hopefully movement acceleration and directional speeds will prevent this being an issue... but this is greatly concerning. I'm really not sure making the disparity in movement speed greater is the correct direction to be making these adjustments...

I'll save my judgements until we see it in action but I hope this has been considered.

Hmm... this doesn't sound great.. but we don't know all the changes. Heavy infantry are already too slow IMPO; and shock infantry are too fast. Admittedly they have issues but I don't think this is the solution. The issue is shock infantry can spin in and out of combat, striking their target but never needing to block (because they are always out of range). Now currently as heavy infantry it is possible to punish this play (barely); if you reduce their speed further... I am really worried that shock infantry will be easily able to abuse the huge disparity in movement speed to the point where they never need to block...
Yes. The difference is not too crazy. We are doing a lot of testing.

A little bit of an offtopic, but are you going to give the knight his heavy lance perk back?

Yes. The difference is not too crazy. We are doing a lot of testing.
Okay well I can't offer any judgement on it until we actually play so I am not going to get worked up over one change which may or may not cause an undesired side affect.

As long as you guys are aware of this ... i don't want to say exploit per say... but 'tactic' then that's fine by me. Otherwise this might be the new kick-throw :wink:

Other then that may I say I'm super excited to see the changes! I'd love to hear more about this combat testing group as well. Anyone we may know?

A little bit of an offtopic, but are you going to give the knight his heavy lance perk back?
Have to agree on this all around. Its completely unfair for some factions to have the possibility to do couches while others don't because access to lances. Couches have become one of the main attacks in bannerlord, as opposed to warband where there was a significant cooldown and it really when you had it really going. Right now its the main way of killing someone

Have to agree on this all around. Its completely unfair for some factions to have the possibility to do couches while others don't because access to lances. Couches have become one of the main attacks in bannerlord, as opposed to warband where there was a significant cooldown and it really when you had it really going. Right now its the main way of killing someone
Pretty sure couches are getting nerfed in next patch so it won’t be a problem

I do not think heavy infantry should have access to any throwing weapon... at all. They have already way too much advantages over 2h classes, they do not need throwing Weapons, its Overkill.

I do not think heavy infantry should have access to any throwing weapon...
That's the idea but we need some other changes to come through before we can make the adjustment on perks. It is planned for the following patch.

That's the idea but we need some other changes to come through before we can make the adjustment on perks. It is planned for the following patch.

Good to hear there's a strategy for implementation of new adjustments. It's good to avoid any more periods of severe inbalance if possible.

Lowering the speed of the heavy infantry troops helped us solving the kiting issues. As an archer i was relieved to be honest in the tests.

My main issue with kiting has been the Archers just doing an about face and running from the heavy infantry, which cannot catch them. I hope archer speed is being looked at a little.
I cannot put into words how happy I am that you all are talking about what changes are coming. It means we can have these conversations and help each other to make this the best it can be.

My main issue with kiting has been the Archers just doing an about face and running from the heavy infantry, which cannot catch them. I hope archer speed is being looked at a little.
I cannot put into words how happy I am that you all are talking about what changes are coming. It means we can have these conversations and help each other to make this the best it can be.
Yes Heavy infantry can not catch them right away, but they don't get kited as well as long as they chase. There are 3 other infantry classes that can catch and kill archers. Heavy Inf can not be the answer to everything.

Yes Heavy infantry can not catch them right away, but they don't get kited as well as long as they chase. There are 3 other infantry classes that can catch and kill archers. Heavy Inf can not be the answer to everything.

The big issue with 2h classes is that they do not even make it alive to the teamfight. They die from arrows and bolts before getting into the melee. If they flank the archers, most of the time the archers will run away from you, jump 180 shot you in the face for a oneshot kill, if they didnt already 2shot you from afar. Some other archers straight up have a 2h or a 1h+shield, and they will 2shot you.

I gathered some stats of my experience of playing 2h only during like 3 hours of siege. I'd say the average of hits it takes to kill a 2h inf is 1.5 hits, and this is no different for archers classes. They wil 2shot you with their 1h weapons, 1shot you with a well placed arrow, 2 shot you with chest shots, and throwing weapons will one tap you most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom