Skills and Roles

Users who are viewing this thread

BigFat

Sergeant
I really like the change to leveling skill in 1.5.10 with skills not increasing in xp needed as you level. However, I end up not using companions to fill rolls anymore since I like getting some of the skills myself. With this change, I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to have roles similar to Warband where it uses your highest skilled character and then gives a bonus to that if you have the corresponding skill leveled as well?

I really like the change to leveling skill in 1.5.10 with skills not increasing in xp needed as you level. However, I end up not using companions to fill rolls anymore since I like getting some of the skills myself. With this change, I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to have roles similar to Warband where it uses your highest skilled character and then gives a bonus to that if you have the corresponding skill leveled as well?
Yeah, that would be much much better. It also would open up the possibility of a member other then the player providing multiple roles.
So a member with high intelligent could spec into steward engineer and medicine.

Personally I can't even find wanderers in my game to fulfill roles. My character is the scout, my brother/sister is used as steward and sadly I'm also the surgeon (with 2 int and 2 medicine fp)because only low skill medics have spawned still after about 500 days. Piking up a medic with 60 or 80 skill isn't even worth it over just keeping using my own 65 skill. Engineer I don't use in the field, only to build town upgrades sometimes.

That's true, several times I've thought "I wish this character could be more than one thing".

If they're going to keep it the way they are, it might help to bump their stats up quite a bit since you end up outpacing them in not much time anyway.

Back
Top Bottom