Skills advance like continental drift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Just to see, I maxed focus for all my skills and it still takes forever to get any gains on my skills, and I am fairly sure a number of talents don't function such as the extra kicking damage. With and without the talent, it always does 2 damage.

Hey, so basically they revampled the whole skill system, some people dont know it. The focus points doesnt give you more skills, its basically just a modifier. In order to increase those skills, you need to practice those skills. So basically, hover your mouse over a skill, and it will say what you need to do in order to improve it. So for example, in order to improve steward skill, you need to build your castle and improve it, etc. In order to improve leadership, you need to lead kingdom armies etc.

Keep in mind doesnt matter if you kill 1000 enemies, it wont do anything to improve many of your skills, you need to do specific parts in order to raise them.

I know it's pretty self evident, you perform actions related to said skill to raise them. But most of them still raise very very slowly. Also, my companions don't seem to raise skills much at all. I've had a surgeon for like the last 15-20 hours of play (set to be clan surgeon) and her skill level has went from 60 to 61. That's all. All in all, the very early game where you have very limited options lasts too long and isn't particularly fun IMO. It just drags on. It doesn't get very enjoyable for me until you have at least a chance to siege a castle or actually contribute to army battles and so forth.

I think just about every gain the player games is way too slow other than making money which comes in a fair rate if you actively try.

When I set myself to surgeon, it raises a point or two a night.

Last edited:
Is your skill also around 60? Higher skills raise much more slowly.

But yes, I've found that the companion skills barely move. In the time it took one of my companions to earn two skill ticks, I'd climbed multiple levels. Sure, the PC is supposed to grow much faster, but the state of the companions is problematic.

Of course, part of that is that because they're randomized, they've all been 'designed' pretty horribly. Many have low (or no) value to the prime attribute if it's not combat based, and little to no focus points; so they don't advance in their 'specialization' worth a damn.

I'm expecting things will be very different when purposefully designed companions are in place. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom