SkillLevelingManager is all static ..?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

I'm trying to make a companion mod to expand them and their use, have them do more than simply be tanks in your party and makes you want to use the roles even more.
It was going fine so far, fixed a few things not working like the perk in roguery to sneak in a town but then, when i wanted to fix xp gain for companions i hit a wall.
The SkillLevelingManager class and all it's methods are statics and all the XP gains from events and roles are calculated there. I can't override it like i would on a model and the only way i could figure out of this would make more harm than good to the game.

So i wanted if there was a way i wasn't aware so i could simply replace the few methods i want to fix or if i should simply give up? (As short circuit all the calls to this method would be really tedious)

I also realized this particular issue could be really an issue for total conversion mods that would come. You would not be able to modify how XP is earned in a game a bit different or would prevent even to add more methods. And it's a core feature ...

Thanks.

PS: In MobileParty this method is also an issue => internal Hero GetRoleHolder(SkillEffect.PerkRole perkRole)
Should really be public and not internal ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom