SP Native Fantasy Skilled Magic Calradia v.1.0.2 FINAL

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Best answers
0
zecond said:
ok so how do i get my hads on death knith and lich set?
You need very much luck to found in weapon shops Lich' staff or magic weapon of Death Knight. They have description which say what they are and requires 10 (if my memory serves me right) Necromancy. They are very expensive (as another unique artifacts) and stays at the top of weapon list in the shop.
And you can also buy clothes of Water of Bondi Beach rank Necromancer.

Right now you can't absolutely transform your visual theme into death knight or lich, i will realize this idea in one of next updates (after transferring of the MOD and first ritual magic. This will be at least 0.9.6 (171) version as upcoming is 0.9.5 (171)). Rituals of Angel Ascension and Afterlife will be part of one of 4 new skills connected with ritual magic.

Also in 0.9.5 (171) you will able to buy all unique staffs in Elementum University, but right now it is impossible. Only searh weapon shops for this. Almost like in real life)
 

zecond

Regular
Best answers
0
Tnx for the reply.

On another note the rebbels are awsome but are easy to farm with angels wich are cheap to get so make angels harder to get put a "beliver"(light infantry with darts or something) "Purified" (medium infantry) and finally angels. Second, cities have too little money and its a chore to make coin late game, while trade is especially potent it is kinda slow when you have to visit 4 towns in order to sell your goods or the valuables from the rebbels.

You should add a chance for a high tiered staff (the teaching ones) to drop from leaders of factions and for the council a masterwork staff, and a masterwork robe for ballance faction leader. SOmething along those lines, you know incentive to hunt the kings down.
 
Best answers
0
zecond said:
Tnx for the reply.

On another note the rebbels are awsome but are easy to farm with angels wich are cheap to get so make angels harder to get put a "beliver"(light infantry with darts or something) "Purified" (medium infantry) and finally angels. Second, cities have too little money and its a chore to make coin late game, while trade is especially potent it is kinda slow when you have to visit 4 towns in order to sell your goods or the valuables from the rebbels.

You should add a chance for a high tiered staff (the teaching ones) to drop from leaders of factions and for the council a masterwork staff, and a masterwork robe for ballance faction leader. Something along those lines, you know incentive to hunt the kings down.

Ohh, yes. You are right. I forgot, that Holy Temple can upgrade angels directly from recruits, that's really unbalance. I will make another unit between recruit and angel. Thanks for this reminder.

What about trade... I'm not absolutely agree. As in real life, you should find purchaser for such expensive and useless items. Traders shouldn't take all gold or another expensive things you have because as economic dealers they should understand that they can be unable to sell this.
I consider, that goods shop will have a bit more gold in one of next updates to allow selling of potions and magic dust created by alchemy.  And to sell these gold drop) But not too much. Up to 3-4k, i consider.
I think, that these gold things should be not "sellable" but "exchangeable" - so you will hard to sell them directly into shop but this can be profitably to exchange them to buy good magic staff or smth masterwork. Also this can be a reason to up inventory management skill and keep your cash in not gold kind for an unexpectedly met artifact.

Nice idea, man. Later you will able to speak with imprisoned lords or leader of magic faction to take their staff (or random artifact analogue of this, because unique magic staffs valued to sell as 10-20k without trade skill, what is more then trivial ransom fee) in exchange to immediate freedom. So, this will be analogue of ransom)

My great gratitude for your interest in SMC and taking part in its testing)
 
Best answers
0
Skilled Magic Calradia have been successfully transferred into Warband.
THIS IS LARGEST UPDATE, SKILLED MAGIC CALRADIA HAVE GOT EVER.

There are some things which i will do for completing transfer, but its playable, 0.9.5 is not transfer only, but a very big update too. Single problem is that 2 factions are completely helpless without their magic - those which were based on Classic magic. Next update will fix this.

P.S. Next update will also include some of changes we discussed above.
 

zecond

Regular
Best answers
0
High_priest_of_Ru said:
Skilled Magic Calradia have been successfully transferred into Warband.
THIS IS LARGEST UPDATE, SKILLED MAGIC CALRADIA HAVE GOT EVER.

There are some things which i will do for completing transfer, but its playable, 0.9.5 is not transfer only, but a very big update too. Single problem is that 2 factions are completely helpless without their magic - those which were based on Classic magic. Next update will fix this.

P.S. Next update will also include some of changes we discussed above.
And question of the days is: WHEN!!! :shock:
 
Best answers
0
zecond said:
High_priest_of_Ru said:
Skilled Magic Calradia have been successfully transferred into Warband.
THIS IS LARGEST UPDATE, SKILLED MAGIC CALRADIA HAVE GOT EVER.

There are some things which i will do for completing transfer, but its playable, 0.9.5 is not transfer only, but a very big update too. Single problem is that 2 factions are completely helpless without their magic - those which were based on Classic magic. Next update will fix this.

P.S. Next update will also include some of changes we discussed above.
And question of the days is: WHEN!!! :shock:
0.9.6 (171) will, i absolutely sure, fix helpless state of Arcane Order and will include rework of Holy Temple troop tree. Buying staffs in the special place and taking it from prisoners, as well as up gold in goods shop, will come with Ritual magic release or before - this is based on point how much work i will do in next updates.

The key problem is that its not enough to simple add troops to Holy Temple - i should rebuild reinforcements, script reinforcements, patrols and hired soldiers, as they are counting by quite complex rules (they are shown in changelog of release with Global Concept of Lord Armies) in attempt to reach appropriate balance - levels' and in-battle.
 

adrakken

Sergeant
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
So glad you brought this to Warband otherwise I would have never known about it. I am always looking for new magic based mods!

Now for a question. Do you have any plans on adding any warband based mod features like Freelancer, Diplomacy, town/village/colony building...or,well...any other features in the future?
 
Best answers
0
adrakken said:
So glad you brought this to Warband otherwise I would have never known about it. I am always looking for new magic based mods!

Now for a question. Do you have any plans on adding any warband based mod features like Freelancer, Diplomacy, town/village/colony building...or,well...any other features in the future?
Glad that you can enjoy magic)

I have detailed plan, even DesDoc about Ritual Magic - global magic on world map. This requires its own AI with checks and conditions. As it will be released and take its final form (or stands close to final form), i will decide - can diplomacy scripts be enabled in Skilled Magic Caradia. I mean, ritual magic will take enough RAM and engine power, so we have an opened question. Even right now on my oldest PC SMC is a bit freezing when resting.

I am not sure that building of localities will be available on platform of SMC in this year. This is possible feature, but it have the same problems as scenes - i am lacking skills in modelling and animation, as i prefer code, and that will be hard without team to do this.

Freelancer and Diplomacy are two minimods, which i will glad to see in SMC. Both are wonderful things, which brings many bright colors to Warband, and, if engine will allow this after arriving of Ritual magic, i will include them in SMC.

Diplomacy, as i consider, is thing that any global MOD strongly need. So i will look at the result of global magic, and, even it will not allow full Diplomacy, i will include some scripts from its MS to bring more transparency and cleanliness in faction relations.
 

adrakken

Sergeant
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
:grin:

Then I wish you luck as your current mod has an amazing base to build upon. I can easily see this mod ranking in my top 3 and if you are in need of another modder that may be able to answer some of your questions, shoot me a PM as I know one that may give you some time if he can.
 
Best answers
0
adrakken said:
:grin:

Then I wish you luck as your current mod has an amazing base to build upon. I can easily see this mod ranking in my top 3 and if you are in need of another modder that may be able to answer some of your questions, shoot me a PM as I know one that may give you some time if he can.
TY. I will keep this in my memory.
 

adrakken

Sergeant
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
BTW, could you also release a version without an installer? I wont use one without looking at its code if its from an unknown source.
 
Best answers
0
adrakken said:
BTW, could you also release a version without an installer? I wont use one without looking at its code if its from an unknown source.
OK. But not right now. I have very selfish provider and network settings (80 Mbit download and 0.5 Mbit upload, so it takes nearly 2.5-3 hours of my time to upload an archive, which will have problems with unpacking on different OS). This is the second reason for making installer - good archive settings gives more compression rate then Smart Install Maker, but in additions rolls random chance of problems, players will have with unpacking. Most of them asking for installer and have never reported this, so main and first version will be installer.

As i will have opportunity to connect to moddb in 3 hours without need in Internet, i will release archive version. But i can't predict exact time. And day.
 

adrakken

Sergeant
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
Awesome.

Also as an FYI since you are also using Nexus. You only have to upload the mod one single time and from that point on only upload the updated files for people to patch  :fruity:
 

zecond

Regular
Best answers
0
ya know when is the next patch coming, kinda wondering. Also lich and Death Knight, And angel sets for players.
 
Best answers
0
After long sleep i have woken up!) And magic raised with me to fill SMC with more wonders! Enjoy SMC 0.9.8 and change of several another updates, i forgot to mirror at Taleworlds.
 

Morrowind Mod Man

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
0
Man, this mod really deserves more attention. I made a guy who summons axes. With his team of necromancers, he never loses any fights.

The only thing is that I always end up stalemating against enemies who use mind control magic. My weapon/undead army somehow get turned around and become enchanted to fight against me.

The only suggestion I'd make to weaken mind control is that magically conjured weapons really shouldn't have brains to brainwash. Is there a way to break the brainwashing effect? Really the only thing that's a threat to my character.

Thanks for making this mod.  :grin:
 
Best answers
0
Morrowind Mod Man said:
Man, this mod really deserves more attention. I made a guy who summons axes. With his team of necromancers, he never loses any fights.

The only thing is that I always end up stalemating against enemies who use mind control magic. My weapon/undead army somehow get turned around and become enchanted to fight against me.

The only suggestion I'd make to weaken mind control is that magically conjured weapons really shouldn't have brains to brainwash. Is there a way to break the brainwashing effect? Really the only thing that's a threat to my character.

Thanks for making this mod.  :grin:
Thanks for your reply))

Yes, in 0.9.9 highest rank spells of Mental magic were a bit weakened. But I still guess, that only heavy cavalry or strong archers are good ways enough to kill Mental mages. Except, probably, elemental Evokers, as they have greater distance of casting, than mental magicians. This is just "counter" for your summoning strategy)
 

MrSplashy

Regular
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
Nice, it would be good if we can turn into Liches, Angels, Demons, etc. Anyways, this is a great interesting mod so I hope you continue to update it and make it fun.