Skill leveling while waiting mechanic

Users who are viewing this thread

Skatan

Regular
Since the skill leveling is quite a grind currently, I was thinking that it would potentially be good to have a mechanic that let's your character passively grind a mechanic while you use "wait here". If you're in a town or castle you own, you would be able to choose, but if you are in a village it would be something minor or potentially nothing at all.

The reason is that if I am in my castle, I'd love to be able to spend my days shooting arrow practicing or riding etc. Right now my character didn't pick up crossbow skill at character creation for example and since the only crossbow I can find/buy requires 20 skill to use, it means I can never learn it. I'm stuck at 0.

This could potentially make wait here too powerful, so it ofc needs balance, but considering how insanely hard it is to level anything once you reach like level 10+ (my highest char is at 14 after 30-40 hours of game play and have trouble reaching further). He spends most time in my castle just idly waiting since there are no wars and fighting looters kinda lost its charm.

Anyways, just spitballing out some ideas. Would be great to have some more passive skills being able to level while idle instead of just ie steward, leadership and medicine (which are the only ones I've found, but I might be wrong).

Every noble you meet have like 200 skills yet my protagonist after 10 years in game have like 40 in onehanded and 100 in bows and riding.

Back
Top Bottom