Skies of Arcadia

Users who are viewing this thread

crossfirex

Recruit
Just wondering if any one has heard of Skies of Arcadia, and if any one thinks it might make a good mod? Not asking for a mod, just saying maybe its an interesting idea. I thought the game was awsome.  :shock: But its just a question if any one else likes it or not.  :wink:

skies of arcadia.....thats OLD but AWESOME (yeah it needed caps)
i know nothing of mod making but to me it doesnt sound hard for someone to make it....the only thing i can think of that might be hard is making the armours and weapons etc.

tenichi said:
i know nothing of mod making but to me it doesnt sound hard for someone to make it....the only thing i can think of that might be hard is making the armours and weapons etc.

From what I've read, it won't be that hard, especially if you can get help from Yoshiboy. I imagine it to be played out like a mix of his Pirate and RPG mods. :razz:
The weapons and armor seem easy enough. It's the ships I'm worried about. Those look damn swell for a steampunk setting though; if anyone makes them, please share. :grin:

Kazzan said:
Can you tell me what its about and ill see...

Google it? I got it in the first hit. :neutral:

i only played part of the game....then left it to be lost in my ever expanding shed of stuff
i guess it can be related VERY closly to pirates because its more or less the same sorta thing - except the fantasy element of flying ships and deck-eating monsters

The plot was about airship pirates, and big superweapons out to destroy everything. You had a bunch of small nations, pirate bands, etc. Such a game would be fun except for implementing magic, but aside from that, a lot of it could be based on the old Pirates mod.

it had the same sort of play style as LOTR: The third age or final fantasy
but the armours should be relativly easy to create - the blue gambeson should look like vyse's clothes (at least i think he was called Vyse - i cant remember)

Ok, Main characters being Vyse, Aika, and that other girl (forgot her name) but i palyed the whole game (AWSOME GAME YES OF COURSE IT NEEDED CAPS) it was one of the best games on sega dreamcast, gamecube, etc. The plot is much like those other games mentioned but sooooo different at the same time. Air (Sky) Pirates in old styled looking water ships are out to save the world from the tyranny of the great empire of Veluca (i think it was that) as a base... you could take what that one person did in that space age mod, without the pistols of course. In that mod he made so your horse looks like a spaceship and your out in space... (kinda like EVE). But... back onto subject now, You are are an air pirate who is supposed to save the world from the Silvites plot, the oldest of all the old civilizations. for more goto the official site or forum. They also have artwork on the site. Awsome game, nad totally worth buying/playing if you do. Even if its kinda old now. Its also kinda half like Grandia, and Grandia has a LOOOONNG line of games out. and has always had good story plots as well.

the more i think of it the more i recognise how you could convert a lot of it to m+b - the goods can be moonstones and general ale and such, weapons are scimitars and the like....

crossfirex said:
Ok, Main characters being Vyse, Aika, and that other girl (forgot her name) but i palyed the whole game (AWSOME GAME YES OF COURSE IT NEEDED CAPS) it was one of the best games on sega dreamcast, gamecube, etc. The plot is much like those other games mentioned but sooooo different at the same time. Air (Sky) Pirates in old styled looking water ships are out to save the world from the tyranny of the great empire of Veluca (i think it was that) as a base... you could take what that one person did in that space age mod, without the pistols of course. In that mod he made so your horse looks like a spaceship and your out in space... (kinda like EVE). But... back onto subject now, You are are an air pirate who is supposed to save the world from the Silvites plot, the oldest of all the old civilizations. for more goto the official site or forum. They also have artwork on the site. Awsome game, nad totally worth buying/playing if you do. Even if its kinda old now. Its also kinda half like Grandia, and Grandia has a LOOOONNG line of games out. and has always had good story plots as well.
for people who dont want to red the entire story,
air pirate in space ship saves universe from tyranny.

its a common concept. (rebel good guys, empire bad guys) i personally think empire rules. rebels always look so crappy  :shock:

I believe that other girl in the white dress is... I think her name is Fina? and to ppl who dont wanna read the whole story... well you're missing out, its actually something very common... yeah thats true but the story, and the setting was awsome, a world once destroyed before about to be destroyed again, while you're trying to save it in a flying ship that looks like it belongs in water but has giant cannons o_O very different and unique from most of the rebel vs. empire, good vs. tyranny type. Very, very different.

crossfirex said:
I believe that other girl in the white dress is... I think her name is Fina? and to ppl who dont wanna read the whole story... well you're missing out, its actually something very common... yeah thats true but the story, and the setting was awsome, a world once destroyed before about to be destroyed again, while you're trying to save it in a flying ship that looks like it belongs in water but has giant cannons o_O very different and unique from most of the rebel vs. empire, good vs. tyranny type. Very, very different.
besides time and location, whats diffrent?

Um... the rebels in this game look better, than the empire? I'm serious they do XD in fact the empire outfits look retarded.. (at least most of them do) in SoA (Skies of Arcadia)

Back
Top Bottom