Siege Skala Landings

Users who are viewing this thread

skalalandings.jpg

Please leave all map-related feedback for Skala Landings in this thread.

minimap_skala.jpg

Last edited:
As attacker I miss possibilities to go inside the castle, after you got A. Like two doors in row, which I have to destroy with weapons, no ram.

As defender I feel fine here. But after A and B is down, I played maybe 30 games, the defenders lost the 29 games up this point here. I think it's to hard to cover all the points. Maybe more/better walls or other spwanpoints for defenders are needed here.

The final flag defense point for this map takes too long for the defenders to get to. Moving or allowing some spawns closer to it would make the final point contest tighter and less of a push over for the attackers once they swarm the area.

Great Map, here is some feedback:

Needs gates here:
Zwnge6o.png

Defenders need to spawn here with one-way barricades to prevent spawn camping. or make the keep enterable with a one-way barricade to prevent spawn-camping. With the current spawn timer, its almost impossible to defend last flag since the climb up the stairs takes too long

m5S75oM.jpg

eGzY8Hc.jpg

Great Map, here is some feedback:

Needs gates here:
Zwnge6o.png

Defenders need to spawn here with one-way barricades to prevent spawn camping. or make the keep enterable with a one-way barricade to prevent spawn-camping. With the current spawn timer, its almost impossible to defend last flag since the climb up the stairs takes too long

m5S75oM.jpg

eGzY8Hc.jpg
Yeah, the stairs on the right up to G flag takes too long to climb. I find with this map once all the other flags are gone G can never be defended. Also yeah more one-way barricades I think would be great. Like the barricade between G and F. This barricade is usually broken by the defending team so that they can make their way to defend F.

Spawning right on the flag (or a few yards/meters away) is a poor idea. One-way barricades on the flag area are an even worse idea. Unfortunately; I don't think there's a good middle ground to spawn people in this map for last defense of G; it's either on top of the flag, or in between attackers and the flag (which is also bad), or a bit too far. I don't see a more balanced option without reworking the end area past G, I think just shifting the spawns won't give it the balance you're looking for, just favor the defenders too much.

Siege tower opens a way to the back of the defensive lines. Attackers can directly bypass main castleyard. This makes defending too hard and renders most defense to a last stand on the G. This map is too hard to defend right now. I have seen only a few defence victories and all were on the G.

a spawn point in/around/behind the keep at G (whatever is needed to balance how long it takes defenders to get to the flag) would benefit this map a lot. as is, it's super slow for defenders to get to G if attackers rush it early, which they can frequently do before removing a single flag; and late round when only F/G/sometimes E are left, the map devolves into just a hallway fight between respawning players in the area on the ground level between F and G. another option might be as simple as a ladder that goes from topright spawn to the raised wall around G? the existing stair case makes it take almost as long for defenders to get to the point as attackers

i think making those things worse than other maps, especially compared to fen altai, is the horses climbing stairs backwards bug and in general how much of the castle interior attacking cavalry can run through

Last edited:
This map is a pain in the ass, since a lonely cav can go from flag G to F to E easily, because there is no penalty for horses when climbing stairs, in fact, you climb stairs faster on horse than on foot; so, you guys modify horses so they cannot climb stairs, or put a second barricade like Fen Altai on G, because it is horrible to defend if there is always someone backcapping three maps on light speed because there is bug with horses and staris.

Instead of spawning the defenders down at the back of the map in the stables all the time it would probably be a lot better if they spawned inside the keep on G, but up a few floors or something, open a few slits for shooting out of too. That climb up the back of G as a defender is pretty boring and takes forever, and I've literally spent an entire game as an attacker luring people out of their spawn in the stables down to the docks and killing them :razz: (What I'm saying is that spawn isn't always safe for defenders.)

Spawning right on the flag (or a few yards/meters away) is a poor idea. One-way barricades on the flag area are an even worse idea. Unfortunately; I don't think there's a good middle ground to spawn people in this map for last defense of G; it's either on top of the flag, or in between attackers and the flag (which is also bad), or a bit too far. I don't see a more balanced option without reworking the end area past G, I think just shifting the spawns won't give it the balance you're looking for, just favor the defenders too much.

Care to elaborate why on 1 way barricades are such a terrible idea?

Top of the keep would be ideal with a couple of 1 way barricades as shown in the screenshot.
If it is just in the keep, creates an easy choke-point for attackers to close and keep defenders in spawn.

Care to elaborate why on 1 way barricades are such a terrible idea?

Top of the keep would be ideal with a couple of 1 way barricades as shown in the screenshot.
If it is just in the keep, creates an easy choke-point for attackers to close and keep defenders in spawn.
One way barricades aren't a bad idea but the place in the screenshot is far too clote to G.
That said the dast defender spawn is too far away from action and too open for harassment from the attackers, especially when the defenders have no money left for anti cav units.

What culture is this castle supposed to belong to? The shrine at E, the look of the keep and the orange treeleaves suggest Sturgia in autumn. The brownish grass suggests a hot and arid weather so that it feels more like Khuzait or even the Empire.

There needs to be another way to get to F. It is harder to get to than G, very often when the game goes down to the last 2 flags G gets captured first because it is simply easier and faster to reach. Also it is a huge pain in the ass when F gets backcapped. A set of wooden stairs/bridge from the nearby wall with the balista on it would be good as it makes a nice, logical transition of E->F for the attackers.

oMHGW.png

Last edited:
skala.png

The merlons in the red circle are indestructible I noticed yesterday using the rocks that are there. The other merlons along the wall are normally destructible but it's only the ones on the square tower bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom