Sjw slider and hardcaps on combat skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate content
I notice that the people who made bannerlord, don't seem to understand why warband got so popular

First: the player and companions have a hardcap on combat skills. Not sure why you thought this was a good idea because it wasn't. This isn't an mmo, caps don't belong here. The fun in warband was becoming stronger with every fight, or after tens of fights depending on how strong you've gotten. But capping ? Oh man when did you guys get so blind to what's fun and what isn't?

Two: Suggestion: How about a male-female companion slider? You can call it the sjw or realism slider. It's needed because there are far too many female companions. If you look at history, female soldiers are rare and for good reason. They are physically weaker and are prone to emotional breakdown. They also create strife in a troop. It just wasn't something that happened very often, yet there is the same number of females as male companions.

If you are not going for any semblance of historical accuracy, just give us guns and missiles too and be done with it. Woman are great and all, but as gaming and comic book history has taught us and should have taught you, get woke go broke. I am not saying there should be no female companions, and they can have amazing and interesting backstorys that tell us how they got to where they are, but to go into every tavern and find a female soldier just.. It's not right.

Here's a list of "get woke go broke" Just stick to making a good game and don't damage your values for a base of people who won't buy your game even if you appease them, and you'll do fine.
Comics
Other

Last edited:
Two: There are too many female companions. If you look at history, female soldiers are rare and for good reason. They are physically weaker and are prone to emotional breakdown. They also create strife in a troop. It just wasn't something that happened very often, yet there is the same number of females as male companions.

Absolutely pathetic; get a life.

What was pathethic, the facts?

What facts? It's a fantasy game it can have whatever configuration of women or men it likes. Warband had a considerable amount of female companions and two female pretenders.

If you want to be misogynist go somewhere else. What is it with Medieval games and dragging in the very lowest of humanity...

What was pathethic, the facts?
Probably your genuinely psychotic list of media that didn't star exclusively Straight White Males. You seem like the kind of dude who'd call The Shawshank Redemption racist because it's got a black guy in it.

How did Annhiliation "get woke" anyway? The source material is about women. Are you trying to tell me Alien is a bad film? Stick to OneAngryGamer my dude, he seems more like your kind of people.

Probably your genuinely psychotic list of media that didn't star exclusively Straight White Males. You seem like the kind of dude who'd call The Shawshank Redemption racist because it's got a black guy in it.

How did Annhiliation "get woke" anyway? The source material is about women. Are you trying to tell me Alien is a bad film? Stick to OneAngryGamer my dude, he seems more like your kind of people.
Funny enough Shawshank redemption was my favorite movie, but this list was about movies/games/comics etc that went broke/bankrupt from catering to a group that won't buy from them. Also I think you meant to quote me.

My favorite character in warband:viking conquest was Brunhild, she had the best stats and was a general badass. Definitely the best companion. My argument isn't that woman warriors shouldn't be in bannerlord, my argument is they should be much rarer than 50/50 male female.

First: the player and companions have a hardcap on combat skills. Not sure why you thought this was a good idea because it wasn't. This isn't an mmo, caps don't belong here. The fun in warband was becoming stronger with every fight, or after tens of fights depending on how strong you've gotten. But capping ? Oh man when did you guys get so blind to what's fun and what isn't?

I am just gonna point out this one thing. You are not hardcapped at all, it is actually a soft cap and your progress just slows after you have pushed past your potential growth. The true hardcap is 600 to every single skill which can give you some obscene bonuses. Now I feel that your Attributes and Focus points bottom out far too low at only 200.

What facts? It's a fantasy game it can have whatever configuration of women or men it likes. Warband had a considerable amount of female companions and two female pretenders.

If you want to be misogynist go somewhere else. What is it with Medieval games and dragging in the very lowest of humanity...
There's nothing misogynistic about stating facts. "It's a fantasy game" is not a valid argument, because that opens up a whole other can of worms related to realism and simulating realistic conditions in the game.

Btw I hope she sees this.

You're confusing me with the OP. You need to calm down before posting.

I notice that the people who made bannerlord, don't seem to understand why warband got so popular

Two: Suggestion: How about a male-female companion slider? You can call it the sjw or realism slider. It's needed because there are far too many female companions. If you look at history, female soldiers are rare and for good reason. They are physically weaker and are prone to emotional breakdown. They also create strife in a troop. It just wasn't something that happened very often, yet there is the same number of females as male companions.

If you are not going for any semblance of historical accuracy, just give us guns and missiles too and be done with it. Woman are great and all, but as gaming and comic book history has taught us and should have taught you, get woke go broke. I am not saying there should be no female companions, and they can have amazing and interesting backstorys that tell us how they got to where they are, but to go into every tavern and find a female soldier just.. It's not right.

Here's a list of "get woke go broke" Just stick to making a good game and don't damage your values for a base of people who won't buy your game even if you appease them, and you'll do fine.
Comics
Other
What in the absolute **** are you talking about, man? Women are prone to emotional breakdowns? Get that incel bull**** out of here.

Jesus christ

Yeah Females were not commonly soldiers in history and had a restricted role in society. I'll admit it bothers me a bit seeing most heros or army commanders are Female but when you start making cringy eugenic comments like that you just sound like a psycho.

In Warband the game even points the disadvantages of being a woman in medieval times out and mentions that being a female offers unique challenges, I think that was a much better way of implementing this without triggering the masculinists who in turn trigger the feminists.

Another thing is to just wait for a mod to remove all female heroes/commanders from the game.

I will never understand how bizzarely obsessed some people are with having females in a video game. This thread likely breaks at least two of our forum rules, and nothing good will ever come from it, so I'm going to lock it in a chest and throw it into the deep sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom