Sister/daughter marriage benefits?

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I mean I generally don't need the cash much, except at the start, but it still annoys me that I am usually expected to pay a dowry, but the other clan never is. Of course, the exception is when you are the ruling clan, then you aren't expected to pay a dowry.
This is wrong.

If you have a good relationship, they will pay you. If you are trying to swing in and grab a spouse from a clan that you never impressed as of yet, they’ll expect you to do it with your pocket book

Question: If I marry a daughter/niece/other family member off, will I be able to select them as an heir to continue playing once I die, or no? If they join their husband's clan, it would be interesting to stay with the husband's clan and hop from clan to clan like that, although not an intended part of the game...

Question: If I marry a daughter/niece/other family member off, will I be able to select them as an heir to continue playing once I die, or no? If they join their husband's clan, it would be interesting to stay with the husband's clan and hop from clan to clan like that, although not an intended part of the game...
No, you will lose them as a clan member and a potential heir, only clan members can become your heir.

You need the "Arrange Marriage For Family" Mod to be able to marry female clan members and to keep them in your clan, because this mod allows you to choose in wich clan the couple will live.

I usually marry her off to the head of a new clan I make. It instantly increases the parties that clan can give me by +1 but I don't have to pay for its upkeep.

Down the track with mine, and my two brother's children + partners I end up with way more family members than I can use so I'm not fussed by the loss of just one party head/governor.

Back
Top Bottom