Singleplayer- Siege Tower issues

Users who are viewing this thread

So, first Absolutely love the game. Masterful work by the developers. Just wanted to put my two cents in after putting about 135 hrs in. the Siege aspect could use a little work as far as the Siege Towers go, I've noticed as soon as 1 person gets to the top they drop the gate, which completely defeats the point of the tower and your troops get decimated as they try to climb the tower, which makes it pointless. Defensively, the AI responds very well in the siege, as far as utilizing the defenses. Keep it up Taleworlds, have been a huge fan for years and have not been disappointed after the long wait thus far.

One possible fix to siege towers would be having the towers drop the gate onto the top of the ramparts or at least high enough the defenders could not easily get onto the gate. Right now, even if you have the top of the tower full when the gate opens, the defenders easily push onto it and turn it into a larger ladder defense. I've actually found it easier to attack from the top of the ladder than the platform as you get nothing but blocks from the platform.

One possible fix to siege towers would be having the towers drop the gate onto the top of the ramparts or at least high enough the defenders could not easily get onto the gate. Right now, even if you have the top of the tower full when the gate opens, the defenders easily push onto it and turn it into a larger ladder defense. I've actually found it easier to attack from the top of the ladder than the platform as you get nothing but blocks from the platform.
The platform being inaccessible by the defense is a good idea Scrappy. Also, noticed that even as the siege tower gets setup a lot of the troops will just run away towards the standard ladder, or only utilize one of the tower's ladders. anybody else experiencing this?

Back
Top Bottom