Single suggestion for mods that I think would be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ancientwanker

Master Knight
It would be great to be able to have items that increase stats/skills. This would be especially useful for fantasy mods like LOTR that might have magical items of various sorts. For example swords that increase powerstrike or boots that increase pathfinding, etc.

You could have a flag for a passive type that just needs to sit in a characters inventory (like a horn that increases leadership) and a flag for an active type that needs to be worn/held before it provides a modifier (like swords, armor, etc).

I made this suggestion a few months ago but thought id throw it out again. It would really open up the fantasy modding possibilities without adding an actual magic system (which few people want anyway).

That would be neat... but i think it would lead to worse things

magical flaming sword of magic mushroom land

So what? You would not have to download the mod. This would give ability for modders to great varying mod. I am all for this one.

its not just good for fantasy mods. haveing a map increase tactics a bit or a telescope increase spotting is realistic. i also put my vote in for this

Yeah, when I first suggested I made those kind of points. Items kind of like they have in pirates: spyglasses, old maps, fine saddle, etc.

well i guess if it didnt make it into the "actual" game but as only a mod it would be nice... i really jsut dont want the mod to become the game

Good, useful idea that doesn't have to be used in the main game. *Like the map and other thing, really could be useful*

But yeah, this easily adds a LOT for modders to do. It shouldn't be hard either, bascially just a property set of the item.

Back
Top Bottom