Simulated battle exp

Users who are viewing this thread

pbl

Recruit
If you are gonna remove the bonus exp from simulated battles PLEASE add other ways to lvl your army up. if any1 has made a kingdom in their game, they know how often you will get declared war on. Its literally impossible to recruit an army and raise its level up during peace at the moment in the late game.

Will probably need to train up troops and bank them in a garrison to have a steady supply of high tiers. Also, this will probably be expensive too.

The 1.1.0 beta patch notes does state: "Troops can now upgrade more easily. "

It remains to be seen what that actually means.

I have had little issue in the beta with troop lvling, then again I tend to play using only tier 3-4 troops and I do not keep the higher tiers as cost can be prohibitive when you have armies in the thousands. So roman style, tactics, lots of troops, okay equipment.

I vote for leaving it as it is! In simulated battles you end up with more wounded and dead soldiers, therefore more XP is a compensation for your losses. High risk, high reward! ?

Frankly, I'm a bit baffled why they are 'balancing' these things now. This sounds like ready-to-release fine tuning kinds of changes. It would also take into account the many other changes that are incorporated from now until then and then balanced accordingly. Changing this now may mean they need to change it later, or change it again to accommodate the reality of introducing other features/factional states.

if you fight looters there are never dead troops, easy exp farming.
But wounded troops, even with battles in your favor. Manually resolved, just charging or shooting them, you get no wounded at all. Auto-resolve can lead to several wounded even when you outnumber Looters ten to one.

auto resolve from testing is the fastest EXP for time spent, allowing you to lvl up large armies very fast. It also lvls your medical skills really fast and tactics.

Putting troops into garrisons like some1 said is pointless, as once the garrison runs out of food your troops start to die. So there is a limited number of troops you can leave in each area. Not to mention the cost of keeping them there, or the fact an army of 500 could just stop by and steamroll your castle and destroy your progress, because unlike the AI we can only have so many troops in each castle/city.

Food improves with villages, then get the 30% food production buff, you can get food per turn to some decent numbers, one town is sitting at 542 troops and still has +36 food production. One trick i use is i keep companions in party, then when i need a large army of 500-600 troops, i simply create party then fill them with toops, use garison pull more, create another party and so on. Once all are there create army and go steam role them.

Food improves with villages, then get the 30% food production buff, you can get food per turn to some decent numbers, one town is sitting at 542 troops and still has +36 food production. One trick i use is i keep companions in party, then when i need a large army of 500-600 troops, i simply create party then fill them with toops, use garison pull more, create another party and so on. Once all are there create army and go steam role them.
Mmm you aren't taking into account the most important thing though.

Some cities/castles don't have dedicated villages that produce those mass foods like grain or fish. An example of this would be Danustica, which has none of those. On the flip side, its surrounding castles are the ones that have their villages as the food source.

Yes not all will have good food supplies this is why its soo important that you choose your location before you start your conquest. So yes I take into account alot of factors before trying to rise to power. I also keep the game on full difficulty and death enabled (which at this time does not seem to do anything). Also keep in mind early kingdom food > Money. Do not go for high value output towns/villages that do not have high food. You are a small nation and must have a large army first, and low tier troops in mass is the most deadly force you can weild, (tiers 3-4 not villagers).

So i been thinking about that and I feel that the passive exp system needs to be removed. What to put in its place?

Train your troops: You will spend time similar to old warband training villagers how to fight. Depending on your kills in the areas that are pertinent to troop type will determine how long and how many troops you can train from tier 1 to tier 3. Example, high 1h and pol-arms allow fast training of infantry, high archery for archers, horse riding for cavalry.

Companions: If a companion is more suitable for a troop type they will be used in your place or if you delegate the training others can do it on your behalf with their stat counts. Once a castle is acquired or town, you can have companions become designated trainers in the town or castle to allow training up to their max stat count or troop tier limit.

In this way those warrior companions that are good early game but crap later now have a late game use. I feel this would be more historicly accurate then just sending a bunch of untrained recruits against armies and some how they become masters of the sword with out proper training.

It feels like you train troops slower in early game now. The simulated battles against looters were actually giving a lot of XP before. Now that they removed that, even with decreased XP costs, it feels slower.

I got to a point where looters were worth more then gold for me, even groups of three i would engage just to keep lvling up new recruits.

Back
Top Bottom