B Tutorial 3D Simple texturing tutorial - Wings3D

Users who are viewing this thread

panzermaster said:
con somebody send me a link to a blender texturing tutorial. Everything is harder in blender. :sad:

A blender UV mapping tutorial you mean?

Here's a video one - http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-UV-Map-in-Blender-37102270

Nice, now what software were you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, i was just tired of reading endless pages of retard comments, so i only read first page and didn't see the name. Scrolling up i saw everyone was asking what it was lol.

NordArcher said:
Nice, now what software were you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, i was just tired of reading endless pages of retard comments, so i only read first page and didn't see the name. Scrolling up i saw everyone was asking what it was lol.

I realised I never made reference to that  :lol:, edited, after 3 years.

Lord Drake said:
This has helped a great deal but I have one problem.
I've used this method to texture the grip on a sword, but every time I try to texture the blade with a different texture, it changes the grip too? :neutral:

Is there a way to get it to stop doing that?

I'm having this exact same problem.

Can anyone help?

Howitzer said:
Lord Drake said:
This has helped a great deal but I have one problem.
I've used this method to texture the grip on a sword, but every time I try to texture the blade with a different texture, it changes the grip too? :neutral:

Is there a way to get it to stop doing that?

I'm having this exact same problem.

Can anyone help?
Did you get my message?
I sent you a link to a tutorial that explains how to fix it. :smile:

I'm not familiar with newer versions of Wings, but you either have to make the grip a separate object (I'm not sure M&B supports multi-meshing for items) or include the texture you want for the grip in the texture sheet for the blade.

Buxton said:
I'm not familiar with newer versions of Wings, but you either have to make the grip a separate object (I'm not sure M&B supports multi-meshing for items) or include the texture you want for the grip in the texture sheet for the blade.

Sí, it does, but for starters it's probably easier to just texture both grip and blade on one sheet.

Thanks very much for this tutorial.

However when I follow this and export my .x file, the textures seem to be missing. I wonder do you know what might be wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Subaathar said:
I got a simpler question :sad:

How do i create the texture?
You need to create the UV map as shown, then you export the UV map as an image and import that image into a program like GIMP or Photo Shop. Inside that program you can create the texture using the UV map to tell you what part of the model the texture will go on. ^^

Lord Drake said:
Subaathar said:
I got a simpler question :sad:

How do i create the texture?
You need to create the UV map as shown, then you export the UV map as an image and import that image into a program like GIMP or Photo Shop. Inside that program you can create the texture using the UV map to tell you what part of the model the texture will go on. ^^

When I export the UV map it doesnt show the unfolded model on it, so It just shows the standerd squire thing

Back
Top Bottom