SP Native Simetrical's View of Reality™, v. 1.0 Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Simetrical said:
Penguin said:
Hmm, sorry for going a little OT, but you wouldn't happen to be the Rome: Total Realism team member Simetrical? If so, all M&B fans rejoice, we have one hell of a modder here :grin:
I am indeed the same person, although I'm no longer a member of that team. I see my reputation precedes me. :smile:

-Simetrical

Oh my..do you happend to know 6.0 release date???

Henderson said:
Simetrical said:
Penguin said:
Hmm, sorry for going a little OT, but you wouldn't happen to be the Rome: Total Realism team member Simetrical? If so, all M&B fans rejoice, we have one hell of a modder here :grin:
I am indeed the same person, although I'm no longer a member of that team. I see my reputation precedes me. :smile:

-Simetrical

Oh my..do you happend to know 6.0 release date???

Psst... I'd not start that kind of topic if I were you... Believe me, I have seen alot of people kept screaming that kind of topic and it wasn't pretty..

:razz:

Anyway, this is unbelievable that he used to be a member of RTR mod team! And I look foward to play RTR 6.0 when it is released during this weekend, hopefully!

Eagle out...

i doubt that hes working with the 6.0 release since hes no longer a member of the team...

but he might be anxiously waiting for it... like me

horrible horrible horrible, no crouched lance, then whats the point of the lance? the lance is useless without it!

And the cross for swadian and animal for vaegirs is a great idea.
i'm gonna steal it!!!!! no sorry.

To be honest, I just got bored of M&B for a while. Now I'm just bored generally, so I've wandered back here, only to find that my topic hasn't actually died. So what the heck, I'll upload what I have. Support will be sporadic if it exists at all, and the mod probably lacks polish, but anyone is free to modify and redistribute it however they want provided they give me appropriate credit.

Check the first post for the download link!
Bigwig said:
One thing that really bugs me is how "slow" weapons, like the big axes or maces, are actually slow when you swing them, and look like they aren't powerful at all. It might take more time to lift an axe up to a striking position than a longsword, but when you actually swing it it's going to go fast.
Try picking up a heavy metal rod and a thin wooden stick, or equivalents, and see which one you can swing faster. In general, it is going to be the lighter-weight one.

WipperSnapper said:
If this was a "true" realism mod , you would be disabling all 2H swords on horseback. People didn't swing 2h swords with 1 hand while riding horse's.
I know of no way to do that, however, so it's moot.

WipperSnapper said:
And the part about making crossbows and bows do less dmg is ....just crap. If you want a balance mod , then make one. But making a crossbow do less dmg then it already does , is not realism. You try being shot in the chest with a crossbow and see if your still walking? You won't get far.
Show me more than one or two historical battles where bows won the fight without a lot of melee backup and I might be inclined to agree with you. Until then, shields and armor provide pretty good protection against arrows.

LB said:
Aye, don't try to pass it off as "Realism".
You will notice that I merely indicate that this is my view of reality.

LB said:
1) Couched lances were devastating. You take several yards of wood and metal through the chest at 55 kph and see how you feel afterwards.
But no more devastating than any other weapon at that speed. Currently a lance is three times as devastating as an axe moving that fast. Why? I'd say maybe it should gain a bonus relative to edged weapons, but not that big a bonus.

LB said:
2) A knight charging with his lance did not stand up in the sadde, shout "Yar!" and thrust forward with the weapon (as in the M&B attack animation). Not if he wanted to be effective, at any rate.
I know that they did not do that in jousts. I have no idea whether knights really couched their lances in an actual battle. But I do know for sure that most polearm-wielding infantry and cavalry alike throughout history got along just fine without couching their lances.

jackyjkchan said:
horrible horrible horrible, no crouched lance, then whats the point of the lance? the lance is useless without it!

And the cross for swadian and animal for vaegirs is a great idea.
i'm gonna steal it!!!!! no sorry.
Well, I'm glad you like part of my mod, at least. :smile: I don't actually have the heraldry worked out to my liking for 1.0b—basically the Swadians all wear exactly the same armor and the Vaegir just wear random stuff at the moment, for the most part. I might rectify this in future versions, if they exist. Either way, you're welcome to use the idea freely (although if you work with my actual files I'd like to be given credit somewhere if you release it).

-Simetrical

Cataphract said:
Im probably blind, but i cant seem to find the download link anywhere?
No, I'm afraid you're not blind at all. But i suggest to be patient.
*whispering* maybe we could find a wy to encourage Simetrical to continue his work? His skill and ideas seem quite good and interesting to me.
Let's cheer him :cool:
SIMETRICAL! WHEREVER YOU ARE! YOU'VE DONE AWESOME JOB! PLEASE, DO NOT LEAVE US ALONE! PLEAAAAAAAAASE STAAAAAAAAAY!

Simetrical said:
WipperSnapper said:
If this was a "true" realism mod , you would be disabling all 2H swords on horseback. People didn't swing 2h swords with 1 hand while riding horse's.
I know of no way to do that, however, so it's moot.
There is an unusable on horseback bit. It is the last one in the attributes list in the unofficial editor. It's labeled 'Can't use on horse.'

Cataphract said:
Im probably blind, but i cant seem to find the download link anywhere?
. . . Damn. Forgot that part. YOU SAW NOTHING!

compfreak said:
There is an unusable on horseback bit. It is the last one in the attributes list in the unofficial editor. It's labeled 'Can't use on horse.'
Hmm, really? I'll consider that for future releases, then.

-Simetrical

i wanna download the mod, but the link aint working :sad: (says it cannot be found). By the way, will this mod work with Hugemod and Magnificent Seven mod?

Argh, does anyone have somewhere to host this? None of the places I'm looking at work.

This largely incorporates the HugeMod (although not all of it, e.g. nightmares). It will be incompatible with Mag7.

-Simetrical

Said "Fileservers full" when I tried yesterday. Now I uploaded the restoration file, but got the same message when I tried to upload the actual mod. So I'll try again tomorrow.

-Simetrical

man i would really love to download this mod but i also wanna play this mod along with mag7 mod (it is one of the most popular mods). So i was wondering, can you maybe make a version of this mod that supports mag7?

Maybe modify that version to make another version which does not get rid off couched lanced damage and reduced bow and crossbow damage :oops: ? believe this mod will be tons popular and one of the best if u'd manage to achieve this.

i reckon ancient walker, noo8 and u should make mods that support each other instead of deleting a popular mod just to have a go at another mod.

Okay, the mod has been uploaded! Check the first post for a link. Hope you like it.
burn said:
man i would really love to download this mod but i also wanna play this mod along with mag7 mod (it is one of the most popular mods). So i was wondering, can you maybe make a version of this mod that supports mag7?
As I said, I've gotten bored of M&B for the moment, so I don't particularly feel like putting together a new mod. If anyone wants to merge the mods themselves, as I said, by all means do so, just credit me in the readme for whatever I deserve. I've never actually played Mag7, to be honest, but my mod is basically a conceptual makeover of certain areas, whereas Mag7 is mostly a content addition, AFAIK, so they should be mergeable by hand without many problems (although it would take a bit of work, probably not even too much of that, mainly copy-pasting and tweaking some values).

If/when I come back to M&B, who knows? Maybe I'll go ahead and merge them indeed.
burn said:
Maybe modify that version to make another version which does not get rid off couched lanced damage and reduced bow and crossbow damage :oops: ? believe this mod will be tons popular and one of the best if u'd manage to achieve this.
Hmm . . . that would actually be very quick. I could do it in maybe half an hour or so. I might just do so sometime. Sure, it's technically compromising my ideals, but what the heck, it would make people happy.

-Simetrical

Simetrical said:
burn said:
Hmm . . . that would actually be very quick. I could do it in maybe half an hour or so. I might just do so sometime. Sure, it's technically compromising my ideals, but what the heck, it would make people happy.

-Simetrical
Do it pls... And thank you for the upload. I'll download it in few minutes.
Regards and thank you for your work :smile:

The mod is great big fun, using lances without couching is actually much more FUN. Though the skill cap does not work for me somehow, after freshly installing the mod and starting a new game, it gives the following error:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Assertion failed!

Program: D:Mount&Blademount&blade.exe
File: d:armagancreaturesvertexshadersrctroop.h
Line: 901

Expression: rgl_between(skill_level,0,(skills[skill_no].max_level + 1))

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

This only happens with the modiefied skills.txt, the original works fine.

pkt-zer0 said:
The mod is great big fun, using lances without couching is actually much more FUN. Though the skill cap does not work for me somehow, after freshly installing the mod and starting a new game, it gives the following error: . . .
Really? It worked fine for me. It gives the error when?

-Simetrical

Back
Top Bottom