Need More Info Silent cav

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Oh yeah, hello, it's me, after nearly one year this thread was created. I assume silent cav is an intended feature since no one bothered to fix it for more than one year.

Just to let you know, i'm gathering all the videos you all provided and will talk/work over them with the team. I think noone able to reproduce this issue on testing processes so we will try to find a pattern out of all videos and come up with a way to deal with the problem. I'll follow the progress and give you an update whenever i can.
Thanks for all the info and patience (y)

Just to let you know, i'm gathering all the videos you all provided and will talk/work over them with the team. I think noone able to reproduce this issue on testing processes so we will try to find a pattern out of all videos and come up with a way to deal with the problem. I'll follow the progress and give you an update whenever i can.
I think the sound occlusion is working perfectly, trouble is it's way too powerful so even a cav around a corner is as loud as a cav across the map. Just remove sound occlusion boxes from everywhere aside from verticality (like A/B flags on trading post). It will be hard to reproduce this "bug" since it seems to be an overtuned feature working as intended. No sound occlusion at all is better and more intuitive to the player, even though it's less realistic. A good feature for singleplayer, not so much for MP :smile:

Maybe its possible to have MP sound occluding for combat sounds etc, but not horses hooves?

You guys dont play your own game, how are you supposed to see that something actually needs fixing. Right now this bug is literally ruining the experience for thousands of people playing crpg. Also it is not a single bug - something is terribly wrong with your sound system:
1. When playing on trading outpost map on foot you have the upper level and the lower level. When on the upper level you hear whats happening exactly beneath you on the lower level as if it was right next to you - clear sign of a big flaw in the system
2. Cav, as mentioned, has hooves silencers. The cav sound can be crazy loud when cav is galloping on certain ground (stone), when galloping on dirt however the sound is only audible when right next to you. Your sound propagation seems to be faulty. And it needs to give early warnings to the inf even if thats not 100% realistic depending on the ground since 1. your cav is unrealistically agile and the horses are basically motorbikes on steroids 2. only way for you to reproduce the ground tremble of an incoming horse is via sound

Right now this bug is literally ruining the experience for thousands of people playing crpg.
MP is in already perfect state for them, mate. I've posted this thread more than 1 year ago, and the problem was discovered even earlier. They don't care enough about game breaking issue.

I have an idea.

Just make a passive perk called Stealth Hooves. Remove all other perks from Cavalry. Have the description say it makes them impossible to hear.

Its now a feature, bug resolved.

Fully expect to see this in the 1.1 update notes.

Back
Top Bottom