Need More Info Silent cav

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Here you can see there's a particular distance of horse sounds being avialable to be heard. Seems like there's no fade, it just appears. Guess sometimes obstacles interfere with this distance causing sutiations presented in earlier posts.

Also cav sounds are not "normal" sounds compared to the other sounds in the game, horses are big and heavy thus have a low frequency sound. In a real scenario these sounds travel far and easily through most materials, a small wall should barely dempen the sound of a horse running, currently it is almost completely muffled.

Please adjust the cav sounds to be louder and travel more easily through object. In general I wouldn't mind if effect sounds like inf moving and cav would be increased. Compared to hits and fighting these sounds are insanely quiet while they are on the same slider meaning that if I want to hear cav/inf I'm going deaf when fighting.

Here you can see there's a particular distance of horse sounds being avialable to be heard. Seems like there's no fade, it just appears. Guess sometimes obstacles interfere with this distance causing sutiations presented in earlier posts.
Thats not even the worst part which makes people rage so much. The worst is that sometimes hoofstomp sound just disappears when rider is nearby which basically allows to make really ez kill on infs and archers
I think sounds works just terrible on soil ground. I know it's kinda realistic but it's so terrible for gameplay. Hoofstomps on soil are so quiet compared to every other sound in-game they are just impossible to hear.
@MArdA TaleWorlds @NIN3 any thoughts guys? This issue has been driving people crazy for a long time

Last edited:
A few clips, sorry for audio desync tho not sure how to fix it

3 horses on flag but compared to other sounds in-game they are almost completely silent. WHY

cav comes behind my back, almost cannot hear it tho I anticipate their cav coming. Possible to react only when teammate warns me

this time no call in the end - so I just get assassinated when I'm already fighting against 2 infs

Meanwhile Warband without ur complicated sound system etc

I'm still waiting this bug to be fixed. It's soon will be 1 year since the bug appeared.

@MArdA TaleWorlds happy new year

well yeah, some ppl say that some headsets are better at bannerlord than others. But in other games like Hunt: Showdown (where sound is crucial to play) I have 0 problems with hearing ppl. However, in this game cav is just incredibly silent. Mr Taleworlds fix when

+ also in-building noise reduction is just too big. U guys don't even check if a player stands behind the wall or sounds go through the passage where the player is standing u just cutting down the noise. It's better for this system to be removed at all at this point

I'm genuinely surprised anyone denied this was a problem. It is actually shocking. This has been the case since launch, horses were absurdly quiet even before the sound occlusion debacles.

The Calradian horse is a stealthy ambush predator, known to leap upon its prey at a full 50 mph sprint for 300 yards catching it totally unawares. The current horse is quieter than my dog at a full gallop wearing full barding with a scale armored rider.

I'm not sure if you guys have seen a real horse before, but they're really loud animals. Like, louder than cars. Imagine each hoofbeat is like a grown ass man striking the ground with a sledgehammer full force and you're getting close. If you're within a quarter mile of an iron-shod horse galloping on stone you can hear it, and if you're within 25 ft you can ****ing FEEL the vibration of the sound waves it makes.

Seriously, not trying to be an *******, TW should take a company-sponsored trip to a rodeo or something. Horses are extremely loud creatures. They snort, whinny, even their ****ing breathing is audible from a distance if they are exerting themselves. The Call Of Duty-style ninja backstab horse is one of the worst aspects of this game and entirely the reason I abandoned Skirmish in favor of Captain.

Last edited:
I hear cav sounds just fine when only the cav is on the field. You can't hear cav when there are infs or archers on the field too for some reason

I feel like Marda doesnt like this thread
unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom