Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Alboin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Summary: Cav is silent, you can't hear it.
How to Reproduce: Just play the game and you'll understand.
Scene Name (if related): It happens on every map.
Media (Screenshots & Video): soon

altough you could hear the cav better before it was still hard to hear them idk what happened but it is worse now. You cant hear them at all.

It sounds normal to me. Sound occlusion is enabled by default on MP. As you can also hear the volume of cavalry sounds increases after the rider leaves the building. Can you also send me a screenshot of the Audio settings?

From the video I think the sound in the building is not proportional to where he is at in the building, if he is close to the exit the sound of the cav should be more prominent yet it still sounds like he is at least 2 walls away.

It sounds normal to me. Sound occlusion is enabled by default on MP. As you can also hear the volume of cavalry sounds increases after the rider leaves the building. Can you also send me a screenshot of the Audio settings?
Bro you literally hear it like its miles away, totally silent in the building and then he has like 1 second to react to cav. This is not okay in any aspect

So this is not going to be fixed?
We tried different settings on sound channels, different stereo types - still don't work. If you slow down the video that I sent you can see that sound started to play only when the guy already got hit.
This happens a lot in skirmish. You can hear cav from far but when it comes close sound sometimes just don't play at all or it is too silent. Pls fix its gamebreaking

This isn't really a bug so much as it is a combination of sound occlusion being too effective, muffling sounds, and then cav being far too fast.
Check the video i dropped and slow it down. No sound until the cav hit

Do you remember what was the effect volume value you set? We are investigating this issue, but I don't have anything else to share at the moment.
Its not my video so idk, for me it works the same on every effect volume I tried.

Check the video i dropped and slow it down. No sound until the cav hit
The cav will have come from either the narrow alley or from behind the stepped balcony. both provide muffled sound, then crossed the open area in less than 1s. There is sound directly before the hit, it's for the 0.5s of the cav actually being out in the open. They are simply too fast and the sound occlusion on cav noises overdone.

I can even see the cav briefly, but can't hear it until it's next to me.
This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Edit.

When friendly crossbow men produce more movement sound than full galloping cavalry, you know something is wrong.

It would be nice to know if this issue has been addressed or is it truly considered to be a feature.

Last edited:
Do you remember what was the effect volume value you set? We are investigating this issue, but I don't have anything else to share at the moment.
Anything to share? My effects volume is 100 btw.

I challenge you to say when you hear the horse who stabbed me and if that is in the slightest enough reaction time. Don't forget about the teammate cav player running across wood in the long house in front which I can hear fairly decent. But being hit is 100 times louder than a big ass horse charging into you? This ain't right,

For this one you just couldn't hear it until it was 10 (?) metres away from me which isn't enough time in the slightest, I heard my teammate dying 10 metres away and 0.5 seconds later I can hear the cav, should've been 1 second before he died.
I suggest lowering the cav top speed but increasing the acceleration (especially on heavy cav) as the top speeds are insane and the game doesn't have the sound system to combat that. Also fix your sound system, or make them at least louder.

Back
Top Bottom