EU Skirmish Completed Sign up thread for EU tournament [Deadline for signups extended to the 31st May]

Users who are viewing this thread

TeamYes to class limitsNo to class limitslimit of 2limit of 3
Alliance of Destruction
Black Teamxx
Cintraxx
Coackroaches of Maltaxx
Defenders of Fortunexx
Destiny Masters 1st squadxx
Deutschritter 1xx
East End Elitexx
Golden Horde [GH]xx
GrandTURKxx
GT (Good Teamwork)xx
Hawkband + XIIIth Tagmaxx
High Five [H5]
Holy Inquisition
House Rolf
Imperium Polskie [IPL]xx
Incompetent Warriorsxx
Keyboard Warriorsxx
King's Gambitxx
Knights of the Round Tablexx
Master of the Royal Guardxx
Ready to fightxx
Risen Manifest [RM] Redx
Rokoszanie [Rokoszanin]xx
Runaway Scorpionsxx
Runaway Teutons
Sons of Odinxx
Sultans Gaming (SGaming)xx
Sword Brethen
Ullrs-Bane
Varyags of Lycaron
Vineyard Workers [VW]
Wicked Tavern Fanaticsxx
Total1681310

You should rename the tournament "Infantry only tournament"
For the second spawn you have to calculate the units because of the class limits.
Bard ....this tournament will be a good precent of "how not to organize a tournament".
This is not a tournament for Bannerlord is for a mod of the game, you should name this mod................
Play the game, not game you wish, the same in life.
Sry you a great person but this will be a failure.
Captains that voted for limits wills it.
Some captains didn't vote so how is the result fair?
Retorical!!!!!!

Last edited:
You should rename the tournament "Infantry only tournament"
For the second spawn you have to calculate the units because of the class limits.
Bard ....this tournament will be a good precent of "how not to organize a tournament".
This is not a tournament for Bannerlord is for a mod of the game, you should name this mod................
Play the game, not game you wish, the same in life.
Sry you a great person but this will be a failure.
Captains that voted for limits wills it.
Some captains didn't vote so how is the result fair?
Retorical!!!!!!

This should really be in the tournament group suggestions thread

I agree that class limits are the wrong choice, for many different reasons. I disagree that the vote is invalid because some team captains chose not to vote.

I agree that class limits are the wrong choice, for many different reasons.
I like how everyone is claiming there to be "many reasons" why limitless gameplay is better, i would love to actually hear any valid points. A round without infantry shouldn't exist, and going 3 archers 3 cav is not "tactic", it's abuse which obviously gives a chance for less skilled players to do anything x)

I like how everyone is claiming there to be "many reasons" why limitless gameplay is better, i would love to actually hear any valid points. A round without infantry shouldn't exist, and going 3 archers 3 cav is not "tactic", it's abuse which obviously gives a chance for less skilled players to do anything x)

I agree, it actually makes sense to have class limits, especially knowing how unbalanced classes can be in their current state.

Alright, so we have 1 cavalry, we have another cavalry, can we get 3rd cavalry? No, because of class limits. But it took me so long to calculate it that I actually respawned as cavalry (Pls no kick my team from the tournament)

It's actually just a spawn restriction - which was explained in the voting thread - so you're free to loot as much as you like, since I can't administer the other variants of it. It's simply impossible with the current state of the game.
But please put this in the suggestions thread, which Aeronwen linked.

Hey guys I want to ask something. After the drawing stream we had a training match with KW. In second set, they had 2 cav + 1 infantry on horse with lance. We had a class limit rule before clanwar started. So, I told them you are playing as 3 cav but they refused and told me "We are using 2 cav + 1 inf, since he didn't spawn as a cav he can use your horse and lance and play as a "mounted infantry" So he can play mounted infantry."

So guys I am asking this; What's the point of class limit if you can loot dead cav's horse and lance and abuse the class limit by taking stuff from enemy team or your team... (Even if you spawned as different class) Because as long as the enemy team has 3 guys with horse and lance it's technically breaking the class limit rule.
I think this must be forbidden.

Last edited:
What's the point of class limit if you can loot dead cav's horse and lance and abuse the class limit by taking stuff from enemy team or your team... (Even if you spawned as different class) Because as long as the enemy team has 3 guys with horse and lance it's technically breaking the class limit rule.
1. Terrible to enforce who picks up what gear. Hence class restrictions are spawn restrictionss.
2. Looting gear, including horses, is a perfectly valid thing to do. You can also go ahead and do your best to prevent it.

I seem to recall in the group the rules set out is that looting the horse is fine. If only because it will be impossible to enforce.

Ideal situation would be not needing the class limits in the first place but what dya know.

Hey guys I want to ask something. After the drawing stream we had a training match with KW. In second set, they had 2 cav + 1 infantry on horse with lance. We had a class limit rule before clanwar started. So, I told them you are playing as 3 cav but they refused and told me "We are using 2 cav + 1 inf, since he didn't spawn as a cav he can use your horse and lance and play as a "mounted infantry" So he can play mounted infantry."

So guys I am asking this; What's the point of class limit if you can loot dead cav's horse and lance and abuse the class limit by taking stuff from enemy team or your team... (Even if you spawned as different class) Because as long as the enemy team has 3 guys with horse and lance it's technically breaking the class limit rule.

Even if a infantry unit picks up a horse and lance, he is not going to be as good as a cavalry unit.

For example in Version 4.1 ( I can't use the newer one atm) the legionary has only a stat of 15 in Riding and 50 with Polearms, while the Courser and Cathaprahkt have 150 in Riding and 150 in Polearms.

I am not saying infantry with horse and lance are useless, but it is a difference.

You can check yourself under:
Modules/Native/ModuleData/mpcharacters xml

1. Terrible to enforce who picks up what gear. Hence class restrictions are spawn restrictionss.
2. Looting gear, including horses, is a perfectly valid thing to do. You can also go ahead and do your best to prevent it.
1. You can easily put a rule and enforce it infantries/cavs can't use bows or xbows if there are already 2 archers in their team.
2. You can easily put a rule and enforce it infantries/archers/xbows can't ride horse or fight with horse if there are already 2 cavs in their team.
What is so hard about it? Are you guys really thinking that is a hard thing to do? Because if you insist it's still valid i have some crazy ideas to abuse class limit very very easily but I don't want to do that and I want to play with class limit. I have lead so many clanwars in bannerlord I know enough to only enjoyable and quality way to do clanwar is with class limits.

I seem to recall in the group the rules set out is that looting the horse is fine. If only because it will be impossible to enforce.

Ideal situation would be not needing the class limits in the first place but what dya know.
Have you ever got cavalry abused in clanwar or even in public? You cannot do anything against 6 cavalries in enemy team. Even with the 6 spear men you cannot do anything. The only way to stop 6 cav abuse is playing 6 cav against them.

Even if a infantry unit picks up a horse and lance, he is not going to be as good as a cavalry unit.

For example in Version 4.1 ( I can't use the newer one atm) the legionary has only a stat of 15 in Riding and 50 with Polearms, while the Courser and Cathaprahkt have 150 in Riding and 150 in Polearms.

I am not saying infantry with horse and lance are useless, but it is a difference.

You can check yourself under:
Modules/Native/ModuleData/mpcharacters xml

Look, I don't know about the stats but I have over 750 wins in multiplayer skirmish as a cavalry main player so i know enough to when (even i am playing as the cheapest 100 gold unit) if i see empty horse with a lance on ground and loot them to become a cavalry I can play like i spawned as a cavalry. I can still do all the things as i spawned like a cavalry (bump hit, bump couch, cavalry vs, and other cavalry things) and I was not having any strugle because of my stats or something. So i really don't think so stats are working perfectly fine.

1. You can easily put a rule and enforce it infantries/cavs can't use bows or xbows if there are already 2 archers in their team.
2. You can easily put a rule and enforce it infantries/archers/xbows can't ride horse or fight with horse if there are already 2 cavs in their team.
What is so hard about it? Are you guys really thinking that is a hard thing to do? Because if you insist it's still valid i have some crazy ideas to abuse class limit very very easily but I don't want to do that and I want to play with class limit. I have lead so many clanwars in bannerlord I know enough to only enjoyable and quality way to do clanwar is with class limits.

Easy to implement, impossible to enforce - It's hard to know if they've got two cavalry on the team, and if the archer mounted it at the time of them having 1 or 2 have on the field. What happens if you've got one mounted archer and a cavalry? The second cavalry who died would have no idea that the mounted archer would be mounted, and if he spawns that mounted archer is forced to dismount there and then, it's just a pain. The amount of disputes that would happen as a results of these rules would be overwhelming.

You shouldn't limit anything past spawns, as it's too difficult to enforce - no one's really sure what's going on at certain points.

If you're gonna play a tournament at this stage of the development cycle, you should go all the way and embrace any of the broken **** available to you in the patch. Not limit cavalry numbers and make players have brain gymnastics every time they spawn. You get autospawned after a short period either way so don't give players less time

I am agree with Jufasto. Im not gonna repeat what his saying. There is a mistake here, "As an infantry i can ride a horse, i can use a bow. Game already have this so it must be a legit." Even if here some stats differences it doesnt matter anything you can still ride a horse and can do anything on that horse. The developers don't change the stat between classes. Even the peasant can ride a knight horse. Its so ridiculous but i think we should think like on warband class system. At least until they bring it. If tournament managers dont think like that, everyone abuse that defect. Eventually, we will have to use that defect. The rules should be rearranged. I mean if this will happen, no need to class restriction. Otherway, it will happen like this.

as someone who have been playing cavalry while playing bannerlord competitive, I can assure you that there's no difference in stats between mounted infantry and cavalry class, it feels exactly the same, in fact during a showmatch where I played for Gibby's team vs DM we abused swapping gear between inf and cav so you could spawn twice as heavy cav in first round and it worked just fine.

I personally am in favor of playing the game all natural aswell.

However, as it was a major decisions we let the teams vote and with 16/8 in favor of class restrictions, we had a clear result.

We are aware that this rule will cause issues and we are looking into that.

If you have suggestion please go ahead and post them in our group:

@Jufasto @Koso no one is saying cavalry is balanced or that people should play with 6 cav, but as @Fietta has pointed out it’s a nightmare to enforce. Yes it’s open to some abuse, but with class restrictions and some abuse of classes using things they shouldn’t be allowed to maybe we can show taleworlds why we need some changes.

If you're gonna play a tournament at this stage of the development cycle, you should go all the way and embrace any of the broken **** available to you in the patch. Not limit cavalry numbers and make players have brain gymnastics every time they spawn. You get autospawned after a short period either way so don't give players less time

I mean that sounds okay in theory but as @Ikea Knight says, it was put to a vote and the majority asked for class limits. It’s hardly brain gymnastics, considering people usually are assigned their class/role at the start of a round and then stick to it.

in fact during a showmatch where I played for Gibby's team vs DM we abused swapping gear between inf and cav so you could spawn twice as heavy cav in first round and it worked just fine.

Considering the result of that match, I beg to differ :razz:

Above all though, I think taking this as a trial run for some fun rather than a real tournament for bragging rights will make people a little less on edge about the whole thing. No one really cares or remembers the first tournaments of Warband or their winners, just have some fun :razz:

Back
Top Bottom