Sieges don't work again

Users who are viewing this thread

PanSvetovid

Recruit
Greetings dear developers and riders of Calradia. In patch 1.5.8, sieges are broken again - troops do not attack walls, do not climb ladders when losing a battering ram. They just stand there and do nothing. Screenshots are attached.
f47xGdMITds.jpg

Gk-VOP0859o.jpg

If they derp out like that, you can try and issue them a charge order. Might get them going again. Might also make them go stand in front of the gate instead of using ladders...
On towns or castles with higher wall tiers I have resorted to breaking the walls down and then issuing charge orders to the troops. That seems to work pretty reliably. As a bonus you can enter the castle on horse which is fun.

If they derp out like that, you can try and issue them a charge order. Might get them going again. Might also make them go stand in front of the gate instead of using ladders...
On towns or castles with higher wall tiers I have resorted to breaking the walls down and then issuing charge orders to the troops. That seems to work pretty reliably. As a bonus you can enter the castle on horse which is fun.
Hi, the thing is that I'm not an army commander, I'm still playing as a mercenary and I can't give commands during a siege. He is not even steamed by the construction of something more than a battering ram, sometimes he does not even build it. Just storming the walls, but there is no assault itself - the fighters just stand under the walls in front of the raised stairs. And nothing happens.

It is working really weird atm. Sometimes it seem to work. At other times, the troops just stand there, both friendly and enemy and I have to kill them all. Sometimes when it happens, it helps to order troops to charge.

I've not seen the siege "AI" work properly, not even once since the first release of the game. I'm not one hundred percent sure this specific issue wasn't already a thing, but I do remember troops attacking the main gate instead of using ladders and tower since the first version we've got. I might have had an instance of a siege failing because the battering ram had been set aflame and destroyed in 1.5.1 and the troops refused to use ladders for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom