SP - Battles & Sieges Sieges - Commands, governors and other much needed features.

Users who are viewing this thread

After many hours of gameplay, I finally had the opportunity to defend my town...and it was glorious! The Aserai invaded with a force of 1600 soldiers vs my elite army of 500. Suffice to say, I annihilated them. All things considered, it was a pretty good experience from a hack and slash perspective but the lack of suitable commands and poor pathing was quite apparent.

First - sieges should have a different set of commands compared to the battlefield. It would be nice if we could order troops to defend specific walls, repel, fall back etc. For example, in my fight, I had tons of archers not really doing much on the right and it would have been nice if I could get them to reinforce the left. Unfortunately, when I tried to get them to move to the left, some did so by way of climbing down the walls? Not the smartest thing to do. Also, those that did reach the left didn't actually move to firing spots. They just milled around. Pretty disappointing.

To recap, instead of Formations, in siege mode, we could have Defend sections of the wall. Better pathing and AI.

Second - it just so happened that I was in the vicinity and was able to get to my town in time. To get around this issue, it would be nice if there was an option to control Governors during a siege.

After many hours of gameplay, I finally had the opportunity to defend my town...and it was glorious! The Aserai invaded with a force of 1600 soldiers vs my elite army of 500. Suffice to say, I annihilated them. All things considered, it was a pretty good experience from a hack and slash perspective but the lack of suitable commands and poor pathing was quite apparent.

First - sieges should have a different set of commands compared to the battlefield. It would be nice if we could order troops to defend specific walls, repel, fall back etc. For example, in my fight, I had tons of archers not really doing much on the right and it would have been nice if I could get them to reinforce the left. Unfortunately, when I tried to get them to move to the left, some did so by way of climbing down the walls? Not the smartest thing to do. Also, those that did reach the left didn't actually move to firing spots. They just milled around. Pretty disappointing.

To recap, instead of Formations, in siege mode, we could have Defend sections of the wall. Better pathing and AI.

Second - it just so happened that I was in the vicinity and was able to get to my town in time. To get around this issue, it would be nice if there was an option to control Governors during a siege.
A different command menu would make a lot of sense. With the battlefield commands it is very difficult to order troops efficiently around in a siege. At the moment it is better to just let the ai handle things and focus on personal combat.
Very glad that someone else is also advocating for the idea to take command of you governor. This will make you experience defensive sieges more regularly and will keep you more invested in your fiefs and clanmembers.

Back
Top Bottom