Sieges are still a big fail after OVER A YEAR

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a straw man - no one claims this but you. Modding is equivalent to a substantial part of game development, namely everything above engine level or whatever area is open for modding.

The legal issues are easy. TW negotiates a payment with a modding team or an individual and that's it. The problem is that they are not that interested in improving their game and hate to work with external devs.
Because that went so well when Bethesda started something like that?

I gave you several sources to back up my claim - not my fault if you don't want to read them. If TW want modders in the team - they should hire them as professionals. Not just buy out mods...

Regardless isn't one of the dev's literally one of the Floris modders?

Anyway in summary: Taleworlds need to fix their game - as simple as that.

Last edited:
Because that went so well when Bethesda started something like that?
No, that's not the same at all. TW buys a model or some code implementing a self-contained feature, not a whole mod for resale.
The VC team paid a bunch of people from the modding community for the use of their stuff. That's how it should work for Taleworlds too. The difference is that TW is not interested in what is going on in the community and don't care much whether they could improve their game by adding something someone else made.
I gave you several sources to back up my claim - not my fault if you don't want to read them. If TW want modders in the team - they should hire them as professionals. Not just buy out mods...
I don't think TW should hire modders at all, they should simply buy off good mod features and add them to their game. This is very simple for everyone involved, as explained above.
If I were TW, I would hire modders to work remotely, if I have staffing problems (e.g. the best people left or were moved to Armenian Genocide In Space). The problem here is that a key TW person needs to be in constant communication with them, both to steer and supervise them.
This is the reason why they don't want to do this (since Warband and its external DLC/licensee teams) and it sucks. It's ridiculous that no one in TW can find time to work with modders. The TW people convenience is more important than their product and it shows!
Regardless isn't one of the dev's literally one of the Floris modders?
Duh is one person and he came late into the team, when they were already in deep trouble.

Edit: you added a bunch of internet debates as "source". I've read some of them and they are all over the place. They are not sources, just random guys having different opinions. Most of them are players speculating about development or newbie developers.

Last edited:
Ladders are obvious in the code and via common sense when you observe them for like 5 minutes, there is no reason for devs to not fix them other than lazyness or not caring at all (they could probably CTR+C, CTRL+V our code to fix them). Second gate is some sort of pathfinding bug actually, not obvious in the code but its possible that some change was done on map level or engine level that is causing the problem since it is problem mostly on level 2-3 castles since 1.5.9 (or 1.5.8?), so our fix of this is more of workaround.
Off note but are you guys working on not making spear suck so much in your mod? Your mod is fantastic but any spear troops are about as worthless as being a peasant throwing rocks

I didn't know that was a sub mod? lol I'll find it when i get home. Sorry about that
It is one of the 4 module of RBM (its in the description of the mod btw). Its funny how people cant read description, but are going to ask question instead, generation spoonfed bu Google I guess.

Or they could get "inspired" to the point of having exact same application of the feature including same bugs and never mention the modders caugh * level scaling in Witcher 3 * caugh. :grin:
honestly i would be happy with them implementing things from mods no matter what, it would even be a compliment to the modders in question that the company wanted to use their code :grin:

Don't bethesda has a clausule on their eula saying they can do this? i remember the hearthfire dlc for example being very "inspired" by an early famous mod about building your own cabin in the woods to the point even the scripts had the same names lol

Back
Top Bottom