Resolved [Sieges] [1.1.0. BETA] Siege Pathing still wonky on the battlements

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.0.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: While units are now more capable than before to scale the walls, their behavior once the reach the top of said walls is still disappointing. As Sturgian merc, we were trying to retake Varcheg from N Empire. While we made it to the walls with success, I fell and had to go with Fast Forward. After some time, I started noticing a wall of red casualty reports, and upon investigating I found that our troops had become stuck (not literally, they just didn't move at all) by one of the staircases upon the battlements, just taking fire from the archers there. They eventually un-stuck themselves (I do not know why), and the siege was won. But still, a small garrison inflicted horrible casualties on our army, where it had no business doing so
How to Reproduce: Besiege Varcheg : Ladders only, defenders had three catapults, 700+ attackers against 83 defenders. I think the issue lies with more complex siege environments, so Battanian towns and castles should be checked as well since they have lots of staircases on their battlements
Scene Name (if related): Particular case is Varcheg, t3
Media (Screenshots & Video):
qE_AQ.jpg

It is notable that both sides of the infantry attack stopped, both of them by a fortified staircase, possibly at the same time but I cannot say for certain
bMpVT.jpg

While I was observing the other side the units became unstuck. I cannot say if the units on the other side became unstuck simultaneously

Back
Top Bottom