Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

i'm really trying to like this game but it's just so broken.

today i try to play siege, wait 5 mins for warmup to finish. stop spawning after 1 minute because cav are just knocking me over so i cant warm up for anything.

join the game, some troll from the other team continues to backcap G

the server was less than half full and the game was over in less than 5 minutes.

Wait another 2 mins for the server to come back up. so 7 mins of waiting for less than 5 of gameplay......

i want to like this game but it's so frustrating playing right now, and that's before the menavlion / 2hd crushthrough and swingspeed problems
given up on captain as it's broken, used to enjoy that.
skirmish cav spam has put me off playing that mode.
just a rant to anyone that's listening

please make some fixes to at least the game mechanics, flags, spawns, etc

Cavalry was never a problem in warband because being knocked down didn't mean you would be frustrated about getting hit 8 times while on the ground.

It's not an issue of cav as a whole, it's an issue with the knockdown. But this will never change so as mentioned above, just disable cavalry taleworlds. But i'm sure even disable cav will be too much.

This would mean the removal of a dozen of classes which means the class system comes down to 3-4 classes.

Cheers to the amazing class system

Idk, I don't like cavalry being in siege either. Some warband vets will argue otherwise but still, I think it would be a better experience for everyone without cav.

Idk, I don't like cavalry being in siege either. Some warband vets will argue otherwise but still, I think it would be a better experience for everyone without cav.
Some maps in warband empathized on cavalry play, when it were not castles being besieged, but rather camps.

This shouldn't be an issue if the mapper would be able to set the option to enable or disable on the specific map.

If* a map is designed well, people on the ground should have chokepoints and areas where they can counter cav with the tools they have available such as spears and javelins.

Map editor needs to come out.

Cavalry has a big place in sieges. You just need a quick look at warband PW sieges where a tactic that was very common among clans was to have a group of cavalry charge in a chokepoint held by the enemy in order to break it.

Cavalry has a big place in sieges. You just need a quick look at warband PW sieges where a tactic that was very common among clans was to have a group of cavalry charge in a chokepoint held by the enemy in order to break it.
Honestly everything is connected. Removing the class system is essential.

I'm fine with cavalry having a role taking/defending the flags outside the walls in siege, but the cavalry spam inside the walls and especially on the final flag is a terrible experience. It's definitely an issue of map design and the class system allowing players to spam heavy cavalry in siege.

The server quitting at the ends of matches also needs to be priority for TW. I've seen several times the siege server taking a few minutes to reappear, causing dozens of players to go to TDM instead meaning when Siege finally does pop back up you'll be playing with about 50% of the players you had last match until the TDM match ends.

Kinda unrelated but a crazy idea: Take that forest battle scene with dense trees from singleplayer. Put 60 players in a server. Give everyone 1 life. Let us fight 30 v 30. Is this too much to ask? :grin:

One fix ive heard was that all but two caps should be locked and only 2 more open when the first two fall, thus stopping back caps from falling and forcing teams into huge fights for the flags.

Example: only flag A and B are open, the rest are locked. Both A and B have been taken off the map, now C and D are open and spawns for the seigeing team is closer, etc

No need to remove cav

One fix ive heard was that all but two caps should be locked and only 2 more open when the first two fall, thus stopping back caps from falling and forcing teams into huge fights for the flags.

Example: only flag A and B are open, the rest are locked. Both A and B have been taken off the map, now C and D are open and spawns for the seigeing team is closer, etc

No need to remove cav
This is another option, however sometimes as attackers, it is best to capture some inner points first as they are really tough to take later on (like the battanian castle map E and F are normally difficult to take at the end of the siege against good defenders).

Back
Top Bottom