MP Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

Back to an earlier suggestion, consider allowing people to choose which flag they spawn around so long as it's not being contested. So attackers could organize pushes easier and you don't get spawned far away and have to move at a snails pace to try and defend a flag on defense.

Also add more rocks.

I assume a number of people would disagree with this, but I honestly think Cavalry should have no place in sieges (or at least be limited). It honestly doesn't feel like a siege in its current state, when you have half of each team running around in the open with horses. If anything it is more of a TDM with capture points. Half the time I honestly can't tell the difference between the "warm-up phase" and the actual siege.

I realize these videos were from the SP part of the game, but surely I'm not the only one who hoped MP sieges would have a somewhat similar vibe...

^^That's what a siege should look and feel like and it's what I was so hyped for when Taleworlds first started working on the siege gamemode. Instead it is just a mess on so many levels. You can't even properly use siege engines like catapults without having some lancer run over, kill you, simply pick up the catapult's ammo and throw it at it--instantly destroying it--then hop back on their horse and resume spawn killing.

Other players are free to disagree, but I think:
1. Cavalry should either be removed or heavily restricted.
2. Defenders should be limited in where they can go (e.g not being able to easily run over to attacker spawns/siege equipment). I think this is also partly a map design issue, as some of the current maps really encourage rushing out as a defender more than they do actually defending your castle/flag.

On a side note:
>Arrow baskets should possibly be a 1-time use only for each life. Why get an extra arrows perk when you literally have an unlimited supply of arrows sitting right next to you. Why even have an unlimited supply of arrows in the first place?

>Feels pointless saying it at this point, as people have been saying it for close to a year...but WHY do we have to be kicked out at the end of each round? Is bannerlord really incapable of actually changing from one map/round to another? This is an incredibly basic function expected in really every game ever, and yet Taleworlds still haven't managed to come up with a system at least similar to their previous game where you could actually start a new round and have a map rotation without making everyone re-join the server. In all honesty it feels embarrassing that I even need to point this out.

Please Taleworlds give the Multiplayer part of your game some love and fix some of these issues.

I fully agree with your point on cav. I personally would be much happier to see them removed or either heavily restricted in siege.

From my point of view:

>Cavalry spam, especially at the G flag in Altai and around the last three flags and spawns in Skala, is incredibly annoying. Horses everywhere, getting mostly killed by lances or stomped to the ground so often I can't catch my virtual breath. In both Skala and Altai, so many defenders are usually distracted by cav riding around at spawn in the later stages of the game.

>Every game, I mean literally every game (in the Skala map) there is always one cav that easily gets past to make their way to capture G flag, sometimes even unnoticed (especially because of the harbour that needs to be patched) until the flag is gone. It doesn't help that the horse can zig-zag up the stairs too.

>This is not as big as a deal, but defenders cav spawn killing and constantly distracting the siege weapons is just annoying. I think archers on the walls and defenders siege weapons is enough to disrupt attacker siege weapons.

Cav has it too easy in this game with all the preset breaches. In Warband they were only useful if you got the gate open, and even then their range was restricted. In cRPG Strat Mod they were good for protecting attacker spawn flags and catapults, but would have to wait for either the catapults to take down the wall or the gatehouse to be capped. But they would have to worry about infantry blocking the breach.

Right now cav runs through everything and is basically TDM with spawn points. Hopefully the update fixes that.

Are there any plans to up the number of players in siege games? 60vs60 feels like way too few players for these great huge maps.

Cav has it too easy in this game with all the preset breaches. In Warband they were only useful if you got the gate open, and even then their range was restricted. In cRPG Strat Mod they were good for protecting attacker spawn flags and catapults, but would have to wait for either the catapults to take down the wall or the gatehouse to be capped. But they would have to worry about infantry blocking the breach.

Right now cav runs through everything and is basically TDM with spawn points. Hopefully the update fixes that.

Agreed. Both in vanilla and cRPG i don't remember cav being as destructive in siege as they can be in Bannerlord.

Also if severs can handle it i think 75v75 would be pretty good.

A custom siege mode where we will have AI army just like in the Captain mode, but instead its 20v20. Players can perform actual strategies and tactics with their squads! I think it would comedown to a total of 200/300vs200/300 which would be just like a "real" siege and without the useless people running around :grin:

I think cap zones should increased so players would try to cap an area rather than the flag. This would somewhat fix G (and any other) flag blobbing when players are fighting on a larger area. This would be especially handy if team damage/reflective damage is finally introduced to this game mode.

Considering the map variety as of now, it seems like things are heavily biased towards the defending team. What I think would be a good remedy for this would be to have two rounds: The first round would be to set a goal for the second team to beat.

If the Defending team successfully defends in the first round
Factions will switch positions and the defenders of the first round will now be on the attacking team. They will need to remove more flags than the previous attackers did last round to win the match

If the Attackers win the first round
A new time limit will be set based on how quickly the attackers overrun the defenders. The new attackers must capture the enemy castle faster than the previous attackers did.

A) Let us have a bigger party for siege, 12 should suffice as a decent size without obnoxiously stacking the server with one clan
B) Turn on friendly fire so that the absolute ****show of a moshpit that happens when the gates open isn't a thing anymore
C) Make it faster to climb ladders
D) Replenish stone stockpiles at intervals
E) After the round is finished switch the teams around, so if it's Empire vs Khuzait defending, switch them around so Khuzait is attacking Empire, this way people aren't stuck just defending/attacking.
All of the above.
+ Id like some autobalancing. Too often the matches is onesided and boring, no challenge or competition. We know who will win 2mins after the round started.

Have only 2 or 3 flags captured at the same time. I find it quite hard for defenders to defend all the flags, it get crazy for defenders once the attackers are in the walls it becomes a chaos! And this will fix attackers sneaking in and capturing G and other flags that the defenders are not focused on.

Once the attackers has captured those 2-3 flags another set of flags would be unlocked for capturing, or once a flag is captured another 1 flag is unlocked, and so on.

-Catapult shots should do some level of splash damage
-Inner gate HP needs a small buff, you almost have no time to throw down rocks onto players below
-Siege towers and rams should not be operable by defenders
-If possible, I'd like to be able to climb siege tower ladders while the tower is moving, as it stands right now it's buggy
-If you manage to get to the top of the siege tower while it's moving you willl be costantly pushed back until the tower stops, then if it moves again you will stay in place like normal
-if you jump while standing in a moving object you momentum is not preserved and your character ends up falling backwards, it's not a significant issue but I like physics and it's always important to think about the mods in the future that might use this
- it appears as if the catapults have some level of randomness to their shots, this makes them very difficult to aim as you depend solely on the trajectory of the previous shot to estimate where to aim (I haven't tested this, will later)
-siege tower climb speed could be increased, in most maps they are underused

my favorite mode by far

1: has anyone ever gotten a response about a suggestion that has been made?

2: May i suggest to always have 2 servers for each game mode per 'continent'. That way when a server crashes, players can simply join the back-up server instead of waiting for 10 minutes until it come back (of course until the real problem gets adressed)

Back
Top Bottom