MP Siege

Users who are viewing this thread

It would be great if some sort of ping system was added. Perhaps a few players that are high level (as levels are pointless atm) could be "commanders" and ping certain objectives because a lot of players don't seem to read chat to see when a point needs help or when a point should be focused on. I've seen way too many sneaky G captures with half the defense having no idea it was happening until the bell rang.

It would be great if some sort of ping system was added. Perhaps a few players that are high level (as levels are pointless atm) could be "commanders" and ping certain objectives because a lot of players don't seem to read chat to see when a point needs help or when a point should be focused on. I've seen way too many sneaky G captures with half the defense having no idea it was happening until the bell rang.
I have played games which had commanders. Either voted in pregame or forced to do so. It usually works. Divide the players into regiments of 10, make em choose a commander and give VOIP! Proximity for squads and chat for commanders. It helps noobs and actually makes the game tactical.

I think Siege in general is fun, but I have some feedback too.

First: I have gotten 40/42 matches right now in EA, and more before in beta, playing siege, and only during this EA and 40~ games I have played Vlandia only twice. 2 times, out of 40+. Almost every damn game the teams consists of either Khuzait, Aserai, or Empire/Sturgia.​
The absolute most common teams are Khuzait and Aserai, often times even playing Khuzait vs Khuzait or Aserai vs Aserai. I feel something is wrong and that Vlandia, Battania and such very rarely gets played.​
Second: quite often the servers crash, sometimes many games in a row, anywhere from during warm up phase up until the last minute even. You never know.​
I believe battering rams and siege towers are a bit fragile. They die quite easily.​
I feel there are too many damn horses especially during late stages of Siege, maybe some kind of limit could be good.​
I feel the sneaking-through-the-back-and-capture-G should be prohibited. Not only because it is damn lame and we all play to play not to have a 2 minute running and game over, but also because the defenders can almost never actually defend that flag in question.​
Depending on the map, you might be locked outside and cannot get to that flag - at least not at all in time. That's just bullcrap gameplay.​
Then we have another issue which is you cannot respawn manually or "suicide" so to speak. You can get stuck in this game, and you might want to be able to unstuck by dying, or simply respawn. You also want to do this if someone actually did sneak to the G flag and you cannot at all get there in time in any reasonable way (it's 1.30 min into the game, should the game really be over now?).​
I think shields are in a good place in general, might even be a tad bit easy to kill sometimes with axes. What I want to say is do not nerf them. They need to be durable, and take arrows during a slow advance. Right now they can actually do that.​
Localized VOIP would be so neat. There are quite mature audiences out there and I think Bannerlord easily can be and become one. A lot of players are older, and if you let us talk in game we'll set the norm.​
I do not endorse ping systems. They take up the screen, destroy immersion, and have no place in this kind of game in my viewpoint.​
Other than that I cannot say much more right now. Obviously we all want bigger Siege battles with 200+ men all humans, and obviously we want more freedom in the choice of equipment, but that you already know.​
Edit: and friendly fire would be a great addition, if I didn't say it already.​

Last edited:
Each round is over way too quickly, and for whatever reason it boots you back into the lobby whenever a game is finished. How about at least ending it at 3-0 or 3-1 or 3-2 instead of just best of one?

Each round is over way too quickly, and for whatever reason it boots you back into the lobby whenever a game is finished. How about at least ending it at 3-0 or 3-1 or 3-2 instead of just best of one?

Slowing down the morale by half wouldn't be a bad solution either.

I agree that something should be done about cav spam. It's ridiculous, especially for attackers who just keep dying time after time while being unable to even leave their spawn.

Adding lives limit to defending side would be possibly best solution to counter cavalry spam (it already worked great in warband mp siege).
Enabling teamdamage (be it reflective or not - teamkilling could also deplete players of their gold) would be also a great idea, it could counter mindless 2h weapons spam in melee.

Not having tk in siege, lets people believe theres none in skirmish aswell. Most of the times these hits result into a 1v1 which basicly makes the game 4v6 and destroys all the fun for the own and enemy team.

Highlight arrow barrels and sticks for pushing ladders when holding alt. Time is wasted looking for them and sometimes they are not easy for the eye to catch. I find the question comes up in the chat asking where they are many times ?

I have played games which had commanders. Either voted in pregame or forced to do so. It usually works. Divide the players into regiments of 10, make em choose a commander and give VOIP! Proximity for squads and chat for commanders. It helps noobs and actually makes the game tactical.

VOIP works also though i know that can turn in to a ****show quickly lol. But yeah i like the idea of regiments. There is so much going on in siege that some structure/tactics would go a long way in improving the mode for all players.

VOIP works also though i know that can turn in to a ****show quickly lol. But yeah i like the idea of regiments. There is so much going on in siege that some structure/tactics would go a long way in improving the mode for all players.

They should also literally create Squads within the team that you are assigned to, and if you press and hold TAB you will see first your "Squad/lance" in the top, then the others with what members below. So it becomes easy to grasp, to visualize, and cohesive.

Maybe a specific icon like a helmet or badge next to the squad/lance leader.

I'm all for squads.

Not sure how long a feature like that would take (if they even want to add it) but in the short term maybe an alert can pop on the screen when one point has a lot of enemies on it. Like a quick "Point B is being overrun" flashes across the screen. Also perhaps a small reminder that pressing ALT shows where the points are.

Something needs to be done with the catapults and trebuchets, I just watched someone at the beginning of the match run to a catapult and on his first 3 shots nail all priority targets with out any issues, going to be an issue when the beginning of each map just turns into each team rushing to the siege weapons to destroy the enemies siege weapons first (on the first shot) and having the advantage of the only side having the weapons for the match. Might change it so the notches on the weapons are at different intervals at the start of each match, will make it harder for people just to memorize each of the settings for the targets.

Also horse spam in the attacker field needs some help...

And some of the maps its too easy to get behind the whole defending team and capture G before any other points, and defenders are stuck in front of their gates unable to save the game.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but I think the defenders should be able to open doors from outside too. The map with the underground tunnel is especially bad - if the outside defenders can't get inside and counter rushing players it's game over. The skill of the players doesn't matter if you have a troll inside castle or people can't read chat.

Something needs to be done with the catapults and trebuchets, I just watched someone at the beginning of the match run to a catapult and on his first 3 shots nail all priority targets with out any issues, going to be an issue when the beginning of each map just turns into each team rushing to the siege weapons to destroy the enemies siege weapons first (on the first shot) and having the advantage of the only side having the weapons for the match. Might change it so the notches on the weapons are at different intervals at the start of each match, will make it harder for people just to memorize each of the settings for the targets.

Was only a matter of time till I saw that coming. The catapults and trebuchets shouldn't hit with 100% accuracy in the first place.

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned but I think the defenders should be able to open doors from outside too. The map with the underground tunnel is especially bad - if the outside defenders can't get inside and counter rushing players it's game over. The skill of the players doesn't matter if you have a troll inside castle or people can't read chat.

It wouldn't be as bad if movement speed was higher+points being taken were more clear. In theory the archers/backline could be opening the doors once they notice enemies have snuck into the castle but with how slow everyone moves and how most people don't even notice when a point was taken it's just a ****show.

A number counter for the class selection page could help. When I spawn into a game I don't know if my team is 90% archers or not, and would allow people to choose more balanced selections.

Team fire and class limits could make for interesting changes in Siege.

I have a few points to make regarding the general improvement of siege games myself.

First, I've seen the point already made that defenders need to have limited respawns but I'll reiterate it as it's a desperate requirement in my view. I loved the sieges in the Napoleonic module for Warband because, while a defender might use one or two of his lives harassing the enemy in reckless fashion, this dropped off markedly as the defenders started to take losses and they began to try not to lose people as the game progressed. At the moment siege games in Bannerlord are an absolute chaotic vortex of consequence-free flailing with the defenders frolicking outside the fortress as much as inside it.

Secondly, it would be really useful if your friends' names appeared above them at all times to allow you to coordinate with them better. Holding alt and trying to pick your squad out from a sea of allies is really inconvenient.

And thirdly, I feel like a lot of the contributions a player can make to the siege go unrewarded. For example, if you take a shield and defend the people pushing the ram to the gate before getting shot down by archers you've done a valuable action for the progress of your team, but because you've not actually killed anyone you don't receive any points and are thus consigned to a feeble peasant troop for your respawn. Perhaps it would be cool if points could be accrued by spending time in proximity to objectives and siege weapons as well as slaying foes.

I have a few points to make regarding the general improvement of siege games myself.

First, I've seen the point already made that defenders need to have limited respawns but I'll reiterate it as it's a desperate requirement in my view. I loved the sieges in the Napoleonic module for Warband because, while a defender might use one or two of his lives harassing the enemy in reckless fashion, this dropped off markedly as the defenders started to take losses and they began to try not to lose people as the game progressed. At the moment siege games in Bannerlord are an absolute chaotic vortex of consequence-free flailing with the defenders frolicking outside the fortress as much as inside it.

Secondly, it would be really useful if your friends' names appeared above them at all times to allow you to coordinate with them better. Holding alt and trying to pick your squad out from a sea of allies is really inconvenient.

And thirdly, I feel like a lot of the contributions a player can make to the siege go unrewarded. For example, if you take a shield and defend the people pushing the ram to the gate before getting shot down by archers you've done a valuable action for the progress of your team, but because you've not actually killed anyone you don't receive any points and are thus consigned to a feeble peasant troop for your respawn. Perhaps it would be cool if points could be accrued by spending time in proximity to objectives and siege weapons as well as slaying foes.

It's true! Literally a siege is a TDM with flags and... with castle.

Last edited:
Im interested in 100 vs 100(or 200 vs 200) or more in bannerlord. This because in warband is 200 players the max if not remember bad also need a more player for make a upgrade from warband.

Also im interested in different armour skin in the classes but just for make difference. Maybe with dlc :smile:

Back
Top Bottom