Siege Towers still not working as intended

Users who are viewing this thread

So I know that 1.7 "fixed" siege towers but there is still an issue:

When the towers first arrive at the walls, only 1 or 2 soldiers go up first to drop the ramp and only once the ramp is dropped will then the rest of the troops start climbing the walls.

I dont understand why the towers, still arent taller than the actual walls? Or why we can have troops already on the upper section ready to drop the ramp when its at the walls.

who cares lol

and also:
When the towers first arrive at the walls, only 1 or 2 soldiers go up first to drop the ramp and only once the ramp is dropped will then the rest of the troops start climbing the walls.
and:
I dont understand why the towers, still arent taller than the actual walls? Or why we can have troops already on the upper section ready to drop the ramp when its at the walls.

yeah the ramp dropping issue (yes its an issue) has made me lose sieges before due to the enemey being able to wait at the top of the ladders for the slow trickle of men (hopefully should be better now as ive not done a 1.7.0 siege yet) what should happen is that the top area should fill up first with men then the ramp should drop (example being Med 2 totalwar) however sieges from what ive heard are in a much better state than they were but there are some issues that need ironing out as you have said above

Hey guys look! Its the one guy in the forums who just replies "who cares" and acts like a fool all day...
damn-bro-you-got-me-memes-ef36cbd039e6852d-454fac1ba67b6cd3.jpg

So I know that 1.7 "fixed" siege towers but there is still an issue:

The siege towers aren't that huge. It is weird that only 2 people go up siege towers to "open" them, but I really can't see that being an issue. I guess you want something like ol' Medieval 2 where you can see the infantry massing before going in. Not really sure how they can make that work, I guess require more than one person occupy the "Ramp" position like any other siege engine.

As for the siege tower height, I guess you refer to having this beauty?
bfEoS.png

Bannerlord could probably make that work for the AI, but this is a significantly larger siege tower than most. I think this is more of a mod idea, like more improved siege engines.

The siege towers aren't that huge. It is weird that only 2 people go up siege towers to "open" them, but I really can't see that being an issue. I guess you want something like ol' Medieval 2 where you can see the infantry massing before going in. Not really sure how they can make that work, I guess require more than one person occupy the "Ramp" position like any other siege engine.

As for the siege tower height, I guess you refer to having this beauty?
bfEoS.png

Bannerlord could probably make that work for the AI, but this is a significantly larger siege tower than most. I think this is more of a mod idea, like more improved siege engines.
Enjoy.

JgPKu.jpg

Currently in Bannerlord but unimplemented, why? who knows... this is the Bannerlord experience baby ?:iamamoron: .

Enjoy.

JgPKu.jpg

Currently in Bannerlord but unimplemented, why? who knows... this is the Bannerlord experience baby ?:iamamoron: .
I've noticed that siege towers scale with the tier of the fortification you're assaulting, so that was either planned for a later discarded 4th tier or it's just for MP like in Warband. Would be real fun if these bad boys were available as an engineering perk

I've noticed that siege towers scale with the tier of the fortification you're assaulting, so that was either planned for a later discarded 4th tier or it's just for MP like in Warband. Would be real fun if these bad boys were available as an engineering perk
Have any Devs responded to this Siege Tower not being used in the game? This thing looks friggin cool! Even has a spot for archers to go on it!

It is a tough perspective, @Terco_Viejo 's screenshot. But it seems that the tier 3 tower and the unused massive tower have the same drop-ramp height. Meaning the unused tower could work with Tier 3 walls.

It would be indeed awesome if this tower gets implemented as a potential engineering perk unlock.

However, I can see this tower causing a whole lot of issues. Such as:
  1. Having the AI pre-pack the ramp level with units before the ramp drops
  2. Getting range units to fill the top level of the tower, as it seems to work like a defensible platform
  3. Getting units to correctly re-supply the ramp and or top level while the tower is moving towards the wall and units are dying
  4. etc
If it took them this long to fix the tier 2 and tier 3 towers, I imagine the troubles above would prove even trickier.

Please, TW, make this tower available in the game, even if it has issues. At least give the modding community a chance to get it working the rest of the way...

You can see that siege tower for yourself if you use the tools and look for the asset "siege_tower_a"; it's been in the game files for quite some time... I'd say it even pre-dates this thread request.

Why is it not implemented? I don't know. I don't think it's because of a lack of a fourth wall but rather pathfinding problems for the AI... maybe I'm assuming too much.

Of course in SP it would be wonderful to have that implemented and in MP in siege mode it would broaden the gameplay experience quite a bit.

That´s just stuff from the good ol´ times when TW has huge ambitions for the game. Then whatever happened and we are here.

The game also shows that your workshops are level 1 implying that something like a level 2 exist and as it was shown back then in the good ol´ times.

Back
Top Bottom