Resolved Siege towers and ladders - broken AI

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I was defending a siege in a well developed castle. After my troops destoryed siege towers (both of them) and battering ram, the attacking AI just stood at the gate standing there just to be killed by my archers. The problem is, that when attacker has siege tower, there is no ladder spawning on that flank. This time, the towers were on both flanks, so there were no ladders, and the AI could not acces the castle. The battle took over 2 hours (after 15 minutes I jumped off the walls just to fast forward the battle). Check the battle time and causalities of both sides. They did aboslutely nothing to the defenders. The problem is 2 things - one that there is no spawning of ladders, so attackers can not reach the castle if both siege towers and battering ram is destroyed; and the second problem is of AI - if it can not possibly attack the castle, they should just retreat from battle.

There is another workaround though - you can manually open the gates yourself, this will make the attackers go through that.
Note that your defenders will try to close it.

Usually abit faster than what you describe.
However if this happends in my play I typically just leave, try again, if it bugs out again - auto-resolve it.

This dont solve the issue that happends with all siege equipment is destroyed and this happends(I'm sure we arent the only 2 who have had this happend), and I agree this should be fixed(like make the AI attackers attack the doors in melee with axes/swords or retreat.

Hey, our team was not able to reproduce the issue, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please share a video of the issue should it happen again?

I dont know when this will happen again. I am sure that devs can imagine that if all siege equipment is destroyed AND there are no ladders to reach castle, then the AI has no idea what to do and stands under the gate. Im sorry, but I got nothing more, no video, nothing.

Hey, looks like the issue is not re-occurring. I will mark the thread as "solved" please let me know if you encounter it ever again.

Hey, looks like the issue is not re-occurring. I will mark the thread as "solved" please let me know if you encounter it ever again.
It's a year in the future and this happens every time both siege towers are destroyed. That seems to be just how it is so don't know how you can't reproduce it.

There need to be normal ladders always. They can be turned off when siege tower is active, but it's not ok there's no normal ladders when siege towers get destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom