Siege tower AI

Users who are viewing this thread

from what i've seen so far the AI use siege tower very poorly, also siege tower suppose to give you an advantage to attack wall compare to ladder, if the defender can easily get on the siege tower themselve then the point of siege tower is useless since it's act as a 3 ladder next to another without any other advantage.
the defender can sally out to the ladder point and kill all the troop climbing the ladder ( AI only use middle ladder to climb and sometime a few will use the left ladder)
Any thought on this?
Thank you for awesome game TW!! keep up the good work .

In my game army is never using siege towers. When I send an order to climb up they swarm at the wall trying to go through it. At the beginning troops correctly stay behind the tower and when it docs at the wall they just don't know what to do with it...

Wanted to post the same.

What angered me the most is that the first soldier that reaches the top immediatly opens the ramp. A siege tower is ment to amass some troops on top before opening the ramp. Thats one of the main advantages to a ladder. Currently I have stopped building siege towers, since they perform worse than ladders, as the ladders at least spread the defenders a bit, instead of making two easy choke points for the defender.

So my suggestion: make the platform bigger and amass some troops on top before opening the ramp.

Its not a good siege tower design. I have never seen a illustration of a open backed siege tower. They are usually fully enclosed to protect the troops while they climb up inside. The battering ram isn't any better.

For some reason, I've noticed the ai clumping a bunch behind the tower and then only using maybe 1 ladder in the middle at a time. We need to see the ai make more efficient use of the three ladders connected to the tower. Maybe it's on my end?

Entire AI pathfinding looks like been very poorly (or not at all) tested by QA. Maybe our awesome modding community will fix that before Taleworlds like many things already have been.

There are other problems with the siege tower as well. During last siege, I've climbed half way the middle ladder, as the tower was still on it's way to the wall, and I've fallen through the ladder, inside the tower. I could jump out through the ladder, however.

The problem that i observed was that they only use the middle ladder in my games. Only very rarely one soldier misses the middle one and uses the one on the sides. So they have the same "throughput" as normal ladders

Back
Top Bottom