Siege scene issue

Users who are viewing this thread

pan-boroda

Knight at Arms
Good evening. Please tell me with this problem. During a siege, the troops completely ignore the siege ladder, and stupidly break into the closed door. The spawn points seemed to be set as above: "10 - defenders, 15 - reinforcements of defenders, 3 - sortie". What could be the problem?

Solution
Then you need to set up the Ai path towards that ladder that it is shorter than the way to the gate. The Ai mesh stuff is something like this here
96157293CE2774B9877EB6AABBB23B5E352A7126
Upvote 0
If you have added a second siege ladder you have to watch out for the AI mesh too, so that they are actually using it. Look up the following two scene OSPs to find good examples for how to arrange it with multiple ladders:

Good afternoon. No, there is only one staircase. I added a scene with the OSP "25 new Calrade castles & fortresses", slightly modified the castle itself, and when checking the siege, the troops stupidly run to the gate, and not to the stairs

Upvote 0
But in case you decide to make both paths accessible (destructible door and ladder), you will definitely need to edit the AI path. And as well if you make any changes to the scene e.g. move a building, this may cause the same issue of people walking into a wall
The AI path needs to be reset, if I'm right it doesn't work by only changing the existing one from the scene

Upvote 0
But in case you decide to make both paths accessible (destructible door and ladder), you will definitely need to edit the AI path. And as well if you make any changes to the scene e.g. move a building, this may cause the same issue of people walking into a wall
The AI path needs to be reset, if I'm right it doesn't work by only changing the existing one from the scene
Good evening ... Unfortunately, I am a complete layman in working with AI-mesh. Therefore, I followed the path of simplification. I removed the stairs and left only a destructible door. When checking, everything works, the troops destroy the door and attack the enemy on the territory of the fortress

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom