Siege maps should always have a backdoor or a less popular way to enter.

Users who are viewing this thread

A good siege map always has a backdoor entrance for players like myself who enjoy trying to sneak in and take out the back line. Or, at the very least a side area that has less activity. Sometimes I enjoy attempting to enter the giant battle or climb a ladder while being pelted by archers but most of the time I enjoy backdoor entrances and small fights. The one map with the foresty green area is my favourite, where there is a door you break on the right side of the map and you can get inside. These entrances should always be bad for a big group, and be long to run through and get to so it cannot be abused.

just my opinion.

It definitely feels like the maps are following degenerate "three lane" map design rather than doing something interesting. A plague on maps these days, its boring and lame.

Um, yeah. For your fun the defenders need to post 4 guys to watch a door that may or may not open. I agree, I hate the zerg fest and as a seasoned Warband warrior I need my room to scrap, but I always thought those back doors were great for attackers and sucky for defenders.

In a castle it's not too bad. A small sally gate is usually a death trap until the walls and a the main gate are taken. But in a city no one wants to sit and stare at some wood... oops.

There are less travelled roads, but the odds of getting picked off by archers is high. But, Warband is still out there, you can always play that instead.

The backdoor should require a significant walk to go there as to not motivate the whole team to go there in my opinion. Kind of like warband had where there were elaborate tunnels going under the castle.

I was hoping for more dynamic battles as a result of siege weaponry, being able to destroy walls (restricted by your amount of ammunition so it's not OP) would open up new routes and help keep gameplay fresh. At least that was the idea I gained from the previous trailers.

I was hoping for more dynamic battles as a result of siege weaponry, being able to destroy walls (restricted by your amount of ammunition so it's not OP) would open up new routes and help keep gameplay fresh. At least that was the idea I gained from the previous trailers.
This is the case "somewhat" in one of the maps but I agree, we need more kinds of options to enter castles and towns under siege in MP. An underground tunnel that takes a bit to go through or a weakened wall that you can blow up (think Uruk-Hai during the siege of Helms Deep), etc, that would be nice.

? Use siege weapons on the campaign map and wait until you break the walls. The UI shows the strength of the city/castle walls. Its a mini game where your siege weapons attack theirs + walls.

Its not like we are supposed to use the big ones like a catapult/trebuchet/whatever on the attack itself (when you are leading your troops). Breaking the walls takes a few days.

Back
Top Bottom