Siege maps needs to be made anti cavalry.

Users who are viewing this thread

It is just way too ridiculous how these maps are created by someone who wants Cavalry to dominate sieges. Easy entrance where cavs can just rush through easily, perfect pathings where you can keep making a circle between flags, little to no interferences in the map, possiblity to enter into a tiny little door as a cav (with the rider passing through the wall like a ghost). Cavalry is a plague in siege because its a OP and noob class, and because the maps are made to HELP the cavalry maneuver easily.

The first issue i see is ramps. All the ramps should be made into stairs and horses should NOT be abble to climb stairs whatsoever.

Second issue, the holes we make in the walls with catapults. These holes needs to be reworked in a way to block horses from passing

Third issue, the cavs are abble to rush through the ram which makes 0 sense, the horse passes though it like its nothing. The ram should block the cavs.

Fix this dumb meta please.

It is just way too ridiculous how these maps are created by someone who wants Cavalry to dominate sieges. Easy entrance where cavs can just rush through easily, perfect pathings where you can keep making a circle between flags, little to no interferences in the map, possiblity to enter into a tiny little door as a cav (with the rider passing through the wall like a ghost). Cavalry is a plague in siege because its a OP and noob class, and because the maps are made to HELP the cavalry maneuver easily.

The first issue i see is ramps. All the ramps should be made into stairs and horses should NOT be abble to climb stairs whatsoever.

Second issue, the holes we make in the walls with catapults. These holes needs to be reworked in a way to block horses from passing

Third issue, the cavs are abble to rush through the ram which makes 0 sense, the horse passes though it like its nothing. The ram should block the cavs.

Fix this dumb meta please.
VERY STRONG AGREE to this. Fixing this would massively increase how much fun one can have on siege

Yup; I am not against having cavalry on siege, they are great for sallies and protecting troops advancing on the castle. But yeah, they should not be able to get past the courtyard. It's not like people can't change their class once the fighting enters the buildings.

Right now they just force their way through the infantry, then run back and forth couching people in the back who are busy fighting.

Could be setteled with more destructable gates between castle sections and spawnpoints that lead defenders naturally along those gates to prevent sneaky actions.

From the posts here I also got the feeling that the multiple flags make cav stronger as they force defenders to be right on the spot rather than holding points of actual tactical importance as sieges in Warband tended to evolutionize to.

Have a sapper class to build spikes that work like a pike stance to one shot cav rush or nets to stop and tangle would be cool and honestly is the one class missing from siege

Another problem is, that if you kill the horse the rider is still alive and rolls past you.
It simply should hurt a little bit if you fall from a charging horse

Another problem is, that if you kill the horse the rider is still alive and rolls past you.
It simply should hurt a little bit if you fall from a charging horse
I mean this issue is more about Cavalry in general. This post is about to overwhelming presence of Cavalry in a mode that should be about Infantry, Archers, and a slow push to victory inside a well guarded castle. Silly cavalry picking people left and right and running in the middle of Infantry battles (provoking a mass collision issue in the melee fight). It needs to f**k off from Siege, especially the Menavlion and Glaive on horse bull**** that costs little to no moral to spawn as.

Another fix needed : Horses needs to despawn QUICK when the rider gets unhorsed. We dont need more Menavlion infantry on horseback or Vlandia peasants with billhooks. This is corny as hell and makes no sense in a siege.

TLDR: Remove cav from siege, simple solution and we never hear from this problem again. Or rework the maps and make them so ANTI-CAV that playing cav in them feels like getting a menavlion inserted inside your d**k.

Yet its the Empire that have the most OP cav in siege.
So your problem specifically is with menav cav.
I too support menav should be removed from coursers but come on, removing a ****ing class from a game mode wouldn't make sense at all but I agree menav should be removed from cav and glaive nerfed/their priced increased for siege.
I'm gonna say it, I see some people here have chosen the way of *****ing instead of learning to counter/watch out for it but not everyone. I'm sorry but this is the case for most people. People jump attack charging knights with ****ing maces and swords and get killed by couch lance then get mad instead of trying to dodge it or simply taking a spear/pike. Also cav sallying out and killing defenseless archers and **** makes perfect sense for me, and this thing last until the outer flags are taken then you spawn inside the castle.
About rushing g flag it's not only a cav problem devs really should lock g until every other flag has been taken.

+1 for this. The most fun sieges I have had were special events where cavalry was banned.

G flag is the worst for this. In a highly contested siege where all other flags are taken, everyone will pick cavalry class and ride as fast as they can to the G flag. The number of horses becomes unbearable for infantry. Even if you kill the riders, the stray horses continue bumping into everyone and clogging up chokepoints.

This is still primarily due to the base mechanics of cavalry. It's literally too easy to play as a class.

Players are pushed past, enemy cav don't rear you up if you run into them, spears can be used point blank freely, you're extremely fast and unhindered by most of the environment, and you capture flags without dismounting. With all of these factors, why not pick cav and hold W? You help your team more and you get a better score.

Some parts of the maps are probably too flat as well which doesn't help.

As much as i dislike the class system, removing cavalry really shouldn't be the only option
Thats why they need to rework the maps to make cavalry feel like getting punched in the **** when playing in them, especially inside the castle. The inside of the castle need to be a god damn Cluster unmaneuverable by horses. The simple fact that theres a cavalry exit from defender's spawn in the battanian castle proves how much cavalry oriented these maps were. This makes 0 sense, its a god damn siege, not a F1 racing track.

Thats why they need to rework the maps to make cavalry feel like getting punched in the **** when playing in them, especially inside the castle. The inside of the castle need to be a god damn Cluster unmaneuverable by horses. The simple fact that theres a cavalry exit from defender's spawn in the battanian castle proves how much cavalry oriented these maps were. This makes 0 sense, its a god damn siege, not a F1 racing track.
Agree on that, space inside of castles shouldn't be as common. One map who does it pretty well is bravos. And if there is, they should have a lot of cavalry defenses of obstacles in general.

I made a thread about cavalry stair climbing a while back but apparently cav players call it a "feature". I remember some guy calling it "the most M&B like feature in Bannerlord".

As for the G flag and backcapping I quite like what TW has done with it. They made the morale loss rate from G flag :ammount of captured flags/second:, that means capping G will be worthless without at least one other flag. It should go live with 1.5.8 and hopefuly will solve the backcapping problem.

Agree on that, space inside of castles shouldn't be as common. One map who does it pretty well is bravos. And if there is, they should have a lot of cavalry defenses of obstacles in general.
+1
I too said that in other thread, baravenos looks like what a well siege map with cavalry limiting should look like

Back
Top Bottom