SP - Battles & Sieges Siege Garrison infantry Opening the gate and rushing you when you retreat your party Should be Enhanced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Problem: When attacking in a siege if you press 0,f1,f7 and retreat your forces off the map, the infantry opens the gate and walks out in a conga line to 'get you'. If you're a good horse archer you can just kill them all, retreat and do it again and completely remove the infantry and have much easier siege; or even ride into the open gate and snipe down the archers using thier dropped arrows and barrels for refills and win the siege solo. I've done it at least 50 times.

Now I know all kinds of things in siege, siege maps and AI are going to be changed, but I have few tips and ideas to helping this behavior out, other then just removing it. If you do remove it, I will just snipe out all the archers, I've done that too ??

1 Infantry with ranged weapons are MUCH more challenging! Even now, a garrison with more throwing weapon infantry is much more challenging to do this to! Perhaps adding throwing weapons to the militia infantry would be good, or having them obtain it as they exit the gate in this situation. Even just rocks would make it much harder!

2 The garrison is more challenging then the militia! Militia just gets killed like fodder. If only some Garrison infantry came out, backed up with some ranged units it would be much harder! In rare occasions some archers do come out (how?) and it is incredibly difficult! If you spawned some of the cavalry and horse archers with thier mounts out in the field too during this, that would be a very difficult and satisfying situation!

3 Add a slight delay in campaign time after retreating from a siege, before an attack can be launched again! Not a long time, but just enough that repeatedly retreating can help a enemy army catch up to you or a counter siege or even just an extra raid. It's fine you can retreat as they're the one's under siege, not you, but there should be a little campaign time spent.

4 Make the infantry stop doing this (opening the gate) if they're below a certain amount and make the archers (ballista guys too) move off the walls if only the player is alone on the fields and they are below a certain amount. This way the player can still get some advantage doing this trick, but not kill the entire town.

5 A special fief goon squad to attack the player, instead of sending out garrison and militia! The local badguys, the retired hero, the wandering knights, the prize fighters, the unemployed assassin! Local non-military people who will gladly go out and take you down for a prize and fame! As it only happens when the player pulls this :poop: you could add crazy and powerful characters without it throwing off actual military balance!

Anyways, lots of fun stuff to do with this other then just leaving it or deleting it.

If you spawned some of the cavalry and horse archers with thier mounts out in the field too during this, that would be a very difficult and satisfying situation!
That's the solution, I think. If you're going to sally out and chase down retreating besiegers you'd send horsemen and light missile infantry, not chase them on foot, that makes no sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom