Siege gameplay cinematic (with an amature cover) Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Colonel Greed said:
Him promoting his videos is no different than you promoting your stream.
Don't remember deliberately misleading people about the content or purpose of what I produce.

BlackTide said:
Lust's baseless accusations
Sure. If you ignore the title switch (Song ft. Warband/Warband ft. song) and the fact that Bite Me, as you mentioned, is a very old member of the community with a heap of YouTube videos who knows full well he made no effort and gave no thought to the Warband aspect of the video.

Bear in mind he's also the same guy who used to spam me on steam with unexplained YouTube links. That's is no better than cold calling. The user has no idea what they're being linked and has to click or ask to find out. It's selfish. Copy and paste spamming a link with a title takes no extra effort and is infinitely more considerate (although still spam) but that method doesn't raise the probability of another free view. When I confronted him about it, he actually got angry and deleted me I think.

I don't think Bite Me is an evil person, I just think things like this and the Steam spam are deceitful and inconsiderate. If he'd come and said: "Hi I've made this cover video. I used Warband gameplay for it but I didn't play around with it too much. Does anyone have any ideas about what might work well with the music?" then I wouldn't have been offended.

As you can see I haven't locked the thread cause fine objectively you could say it's a Warband video. However you can see throughout his whole post that he's trying to big up the importance of the Warband aspect. On YouTube it's the opposite.

In any case, I feel the tone of my posts has been largely misread. All I did was playfully point out the intended deceit and then got a personal insult flung right at me without hesitation. From there, I sort of felt like I had free reign to have some fun. Might have laid down the smack a little hard.

Act like a community manager and bring more people to our forums instead of being an ass on people "you don't like because they spammed your steam a few times."

Use your energy on something else, like going nuts on frozen pizza adverts or something.

Captain Lust said:
wobble wobble

No-one other than you gives a ****. If you feel deceived then go write a complaint to the advertising standards authority.
I suggest allowing the thread to get back on course, considering that he only wants constructive criticism which you have not provided thus far.

Maynd said:
Eman http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,43874.0.html

I just want to mention that I tried this mod out again, and it did not remove the money or team icons from the top corners of the screen. Maybe it only removes the HUD for single-player, but this mod doesn't help me with my issue.

Captain Lust said:
Here's a no ui module I made: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49546231/Native_noui.rar

Hit P in any mission (multi, single should work) and it'll cover the UI.

Obviously disable kill messages and all that in the options. You can mute everyone in chat too if that's a problem.

Might be a little buggy (ignore the main menu weirdness). You can't mute server messages for servers with admin mods. You have to remove the font for that or find another way.

EDIT: looks like it doesn't remove the healthbar and some other stuff... some weird bugs. Should be fairly functional for most purposes. Could probably fix any specific issues.

Captain Lust said:
Here's a no ui module I made: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49546231/Native_noui.rar

Hit P in any mission (multi, single should work) and it'll cover the UI.

Obviously disable kill messages and all that in the options. You can mute everyone in chat too if that's a problem.

Might be a little buggy (ignore the main menu weirdness). You can't mute server messages for servers with admin mods. You have to remove the font for that or find another way.

Wow. Thanks Lust. This works perfectly, I no longer need to physically set tape on my screen to mark the crop edges. This mod will improve my videos a ton.

Bite Me said:
I would appreciate constructive feedback on technical stuff or valid suggestions for both my channel and the video. Opinion based critisicm will be largely ignored unless its genuinely helpful.
You should try using a sheet music if you haven't. I feel like some of your notes weren't on track. I don't know how to say that very well but anyway... I know this song as I play it on violin. I used this sheet music:
http://musescore.com/user/44335/scores/62661

Back
Top Bottom