• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

BL Coding Siege Formations Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

TheVegMan

Recruit
Hi,

I made a mod that edits the spnpccharacters.xml - basically units wear different armour etc to the base game. - Mod Link
Unfortunately a side effect of this is that in siege battles, formations are no longer working correctly - they are fine in normal battles.

Everyone is bundled into two groups, it means that archers and horse archers are no longer skirmishing correctly - instead they are just charging in with the infantry and cavalry. I cannot for the life of me work out why it is doing this, I haven't changed any formations or groups aside from making Vlandian Levy Crossbowman count as a ranged unit under the default_group="Ranged" line of code. The only large changes I have done to the xml are creating two new units and deleting some variants of <equipmentSet></equipmentSet>.

How does the game formulate groups for sieges? - Because it clearly isn't looking at the default_group of each unit.

I've tried using the vanilla xml and carefully pasting in my changes but I'm still having issues with this.

Can anyone help me here? - As I really need to fix this asap

Last edited:

TheVegMan

Recruit
A great example of this would be Aserai Archers - they are armed with Composite Bows, in testing the only change I made to this unit (and the whole xml) is give them a different bow. This still breaks the formations in sieges, despite me changing three lines of codes. Why is this happening?

Upvote 0
Top Bottom