Siege defending issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, I just ran into an issue. I've had it a couple times, but repeated it 3 times from a save to see if there was something I could do and identify it

So, it's not an issue with sieging itself, being fighting in a siege

No, this is an issue where I clicked to "break in and help defenders" and with the attack going on it goes straight to a Sally out attack. Now, I don't mean where the siege is still building and the siege attack hasn't happened yet. No, I mean that the game skips the siege altogether and you aren't given the choice to fight from inside the walls. It puts the battle outside the walls, even though the enemy is still attacking the city/castle

In my case, to give specifics on possible ways to repeat this:

Currently I think altogether I may have equal or more troops inside the city, which usually ends up with the attacker leaving the siege. The Siege Battle still continues on, however, but instead of allowing an actual siege battle, I'm being forced to attack on the ground.

That doesn't make any sense

I dont know if this is a bug, more a forced scenario in the game, as I have encountered this before. It's just been more apparent to me now as I've only really started defending recently.

Please fix and add a way to choose between Sally out Battle and defending from inside the walls. I know usually it should be automatic to defend against the siege, but it's not at present always working

Defending in a siege majorly helps if you want to both protect a city/castle, and utilize the defenses to greatly lower your enemies armies and soldiers, as well as capture leaders.

Apparently there will be siege battle maps, where the defender "Sallys Out" to attack the siegers. So hopefully that might fix many inconsistencies ?

Eh...its mainly when the numbers are either almost equal or less that it becomes an issue...because inside the walls you can even the odds greatly. Destroy siege towers, shoot incoming attackers and make it hard to get inside, thus causing a good deal of men to die before they can breach

In other words, the cost to the attackers makes the odds stacked against them, and near suicide. Which is a seriously smart move for defenders

When AI just does that even though what was stated above...its too dumb of a move that the AI wouldn't do normally

The other thing is that there was no option to siege. It went straight to Sally out, except it does the menu choice looking like your defending inside the walls

I dont remember exactly what the option to defend from the walls looks like, in exact wording, however, that was way too similar

You wouldn't know until you were in the battle, which will severely screw some players

Back
Top Bottom